Somewhere I Belong Video: Official Discussion

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Bryan, Feb 28, 2003.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Please keep all the discussing of the SIB Video in here, this will hopefully eliminate all of the same topics made over, and over again.

I thought the video was amazing. Truely original. And you gotta admit, all that fire was pretty damn cool :lol:

Download the Somewhere I Belong Video (from www.lbvidz.net)
    ^Right Click, Save Target As

xlinkinparkx03

xlinkinparkx03 Well-Known Member

I don't really like this video...it's kinda childish...o well Maybe future meteora videos will be phat...someone told me the second single is going to he figure 09.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

this video is so coool..!!! whaaahoow..:D Mr. Hahn has doen a great job with this video. I look @ the video every 10 minutes..!!

LP ROCKS...!!!!!! :D

i think it's a good video, but i expected something more than just that..
    but you'll never know what the future brings

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

same here, just one question, any one know what those white nuns were there for??? when mike is rapping, there are like a whole bunch of nuns, wierd

OggeM

OggeM Ambient

I dont know what i think about it. Not the best LP-video but..

Birger

Birger Well-Known Member

It has influences of some of my favourite artists, such as Salvador Dali. And one thing I like is that it's a typical LP-video. You recognize the style immediatly and it's pretty much the same feeling everytime. This video could have been better but the song is so good that it lifts the video on step higher :)

elpfan

elpfan Guest

i was expecting more and was disapointed in the video. it seemed they could have done a lot more in a dream world like in the In The End video. i mean it was ok, but it could have been better :chaz: i like it better the second time around though :mike:

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Wasn't everything I was expecting.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Was there a reason for you uploading that to our servers to waste our space and bandwidth?

I THINK NOT.

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

Good video. Originality is the key. Joe Hahn talks about this on the Reanimation DVD. He talks about how most bands just play it safe. They aren't willing to try something new. And LP always tries something new. They like living on the edge. Great job LP and Mr. Hahn.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Umm...nice attachment :lol:

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

Umm...nice attachment :lol: [/b][/quote]
    yeah lol, any way. what is with the nuns???????????? i must know, it's driving me batty

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

Yeah in the Krock interview with Chester, he said that track 8 (Figure.09) was one of the best songs they ever recorded. So your friend's prediction may very well be correct! B)

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Yeah in the Krock interview with Chester, he said that track 8 (Figure.09) was one of the best songs they ever recorded. So your friend's prediction may very well be correct! B) [/b][/quote]
    Are you sure your not talking about Breaking The Habit? Chester has been quoted saying that he thinks that is the best song they've ever written.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

Chester76 - I dunno he said that 'track 8' was amazing. Maybe he was talking about the 8th track other than the intro that would be BTH. I was thinking about that too. We'll just have to wait and see!

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

good point; make you wise, some day, but today, is not that day

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Hey I just finished downloading Somewhere I Belong video off the net. With this sweet 56k modem i'm running hear it only took like 3 and a half hours to get it off kazaa. But i don't know what everybody is complaining about the video is totally linkin park style. From the screenshots that were posted up here a while ago, the video was everything i expected it to be. The only thing that I thought was really crapy about it was when Mike was singing. They did a really bad job of dubbing in the song. It looks like terrible lip syncing. But maybe its just the quality of the video i don't know. But i still though it was pretty cool.

whenthisbegan

whenthisbegan Well-Known Member

I agree, his lips didn't follow the words for me either. It reminded me of when we rented 'The Banger Sisters' and their words totally did not follow their mouths. Alas, at 7 am I found it mildly amusing.

Now, for my take.

I happen to really enjoy 'SIB'. Back when I use to watch the DVD and I heard that little snippit of music that Mike said was a product of Joe Hahn, Chester Bennington and himself.. kept thinking, "Damn, that sounds awesome. I hope they make that into a song." Low and behold, its the beginning of a song quite a few months later. Or a year, whenever.
    The lyrics are really nice and I wish I could have half the creativity Joe has. He might have warped ideas for videos, but it was still good. The only thing I didn't really like about the whole video was the what I call 'floating Chester'. Not when he was falling, when he was floating around the room. It reminds me of horror movies about ghosts. How they use to float around the room like that. It kind of creeped me out, hah.

Anyway, I'm done writing a long post which nobody will read. :lol:

bLu3DeViL314

bLu3DeViL314 Well-Known Member

Where the hell do you ppl get this stuff? :joe: