SO what was exactly my mistake????!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by zazofazo, Sep 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    zazofazo

zazofazo Well-Known Member

So without any arrangements

I decided to discuss something that bothers me a lot on LPA , since i'm new member of the community

And i am not 12 years old kid that thinks that LP is the best band ever , I'm actually 20 years old (if that matters) , so i know what I'm talking about

When i decided to join LPA , i knew a lot of members aren't taking LP seriously or aren't digging their music or whatever

But i was okay with it , so i decided to post my first replies in ''Other music'' section in order to share other type of music

But when i decided to discuss how LP albums is not included in top lists , everyone started going ballsy on me ..

I don't remember saying something offensive to anybody , at first i was mentioning my point sarcastically

But then all of sudden I've been called '' butthurt '' and ''moron'' just because i was stating my honest opinion

After that people started mocking my language, like what this has to do with my opinion anyway

Doesn't matter if I'm an old member or a new member , i can say what i want , and you can ignore it , i wouldn't care

I'm already visiting other sites that all the people legitimately despise LP , and I read all these comments and i don't care about it

But because i was questioning people why they would be fans of a band if they think they are just '' mediocre''

Which no longer make a difference than any other LP hater says

And no I'm not an LP fanboy that talks about linkin park 24/7 , i have a millions of other things to do

And i don't even have to listen to LP anymore if that matters

I was also talking about music , not about my language or school or personal life

I knew already this gonna turn into a joke thread since i can't be taken seriously

But i was just trying to find an answer ''what was exactly my mistake if it's just a matter of opinion which didn't offend anybody ?''

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Just from reading your enthralling tale here, I would say that your mistake is/was being offended by other people's opinions about the band. :rolleyes: You've already said that you're "okay" with people not thinking that highly of Linkin Park in some way or another ... so act like it.

Let me elaborate -- your original complaint was that not enough people (in your opinion) ranked Linkin Park albums highly in that thread:

Wrongly or rightly, some people took this as an attack on their opinions, which is reasonable, and responded to encourage you to explain yourself. The fact is that you shouldn't really incite that kind of thing in an opinion-based thread such as that one. People have all sorts of opinions here, and the community's music tastes are similarly wide-ranging, as you no doubt saw.

Discussion about Linkin Park is generally discouraged in "Other Music" anyway, so people had to go out of their way to have that conversation with you, thus interrupting the flow of the thread.

This post here:

literally starts off with "personal opinion", because Minus knows, as you should, that Linkin Park are not objectively "mediocre". Nonetheless, you took this post to be an attack on your opinion and, as far as I can see, you're not taking that very well. You went on a lengthy rant about how opinions shouldn't be judged, even as you started the whole conflict by judging people's opinions, and the irony of this cannot be measured:

You might say that you're not offended by other people's opinions but I don't think that you're doing a good job of actually convincing anyone. No doubt you'll respond negatively to this post of mine but my advice again is: just accept that other people feel differently from you. Their opinions do not factor you or your opinions in, so don't take it personally. :)

EDIT: I actually had a better read through that thread in "Other Music" and, so, I have this one other point to add to the above.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Linkin Park is my favorite band. For me , thats enough to listen to them and i really like / love the most of theire stuff.

But i wouldnt say that these guys are the best band in the world. There are much better bands out there (i think). The thing with Linkin Park for me is , that they can hit me. The music hits me. Thats why i love them. The music alone is mostly not that stuff you could say "Wow, thats AWESOME" . For me it just was ATS.
    But that makes the other albums not bad for me, they are just not "that special" in the music industry. Linkin Park is just one band of many others , but for me a special one.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

This is how I put it as well. :) Hearing and watching the band lights up the reward centers in my brain and that's all I can really tell you.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

The truth is, mainly, practically everyone here got into LP when they were kids. This is why our 13-19 age group is consisted out of people who still enjoy and listen to the band on a regular basis. Everyone older than that has heard much more music in their life, and also heard some better music. So while there are 30 year olds here that think Linkin Park is the best band of all time, the majority keeps a healthy interest in Linkin Park, and really does get excited around album releases, but they don't consider Linkin Park their favorite band. And then there's members who have lost pretty much all interest in Linkin Park, yet they still come here daily, just for the community. Which is really cool, if you ask me.

As for me, Linkin Park is by far my favorite band, but I realize they're definitely not the best band I've ever heard (NIN <3). A Thousand Suns is my favorite album when anyone asks, although there are several that I rank as high as that one (Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends, There Is A Hell..., Year Zero).

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Well if you made every two sentences it's own fucking paragraph, that was mistake number one. Maybe work on that so I can get through what your saying without wanting going cross eyed.

Two, go re-read what minuteforce said lol.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Linkin park is the best band ever fuck coldplay and all of the other crap bands

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

:milka:

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

LP sux they sold out aft3r Metora OldLP>NewLP

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

I think its the fact that you read those lists and let it affect your opinion. Not to criticize you though its human nature. This site is what twelve years old now? I don't know. For a site that old, there's obviously going to be members who aren't that into LP anymore. Not because its bad or anything, because tastes change over years.

I mean, I used to be extremely obsessed with Harry Potter a few years back and then I grew out of it. I used to be sick of it when my friend used to have trivia contests over the books. There were a few reasons I grew out of those books but the reason I really liked them was because how they made me feel and that was because J.K. Rowling created a rich expansive world with incredible detail. And she's awesome for that. She could write hundred shitty books but the fact that she passionately put in so much effort to create a world filled with characters and stories even though they weren't in the books or were known to public, makes her impressive to me.

And maybe I'll grow out of LP too, who knows but I know I'll never hate them or be embarrassed by them because they're decent, nice people who, for all I know, work hard to do what they're doing. I don't care if this is too cheesy or corny, I just wanted to say this. Dunno, if it makes any sense or if it is even relevant or not :p.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Okay. I'm closing this thread. First of all, this thread is pointless. Secondly, no one called you a moron, zazzo. Thirdly, there was a mountain made out of a mole hill in that albums of the year thread. Fourthly, I will say that it was NOT okay for some members to jump down your back for your use of English and I will handle that accordingly. Fifthly, please understand that making such threads do not work well in trying to clear your name or finding out what you did wrong here. Really, this just seems like a big misunderstanding. If you have problems such as these, zazzo, I implore you to reach out to any member of the LPA Staff. We will guide you in the right direction and are pretty good with judging how a post was meant to be taken as. Seriously, the worst part of conversation through text is the lack of feeling that the words could convey. A joking post can be taken seriously by another member because they didn't catch a sarcastic tone. It's happened to me before and I'm certain that it will happen again. If you wish to discuss this any further, zazzo, please feel free to send me a PM. Everyone else, back off and give this kid a break. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.