Snow White Tan Album Delayed Till 2007

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Feb 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

In a recent interview with MTV.com after the Grammy's, Linkin Park's Chester Bennington revealed that the album for his solo project Snow White Tan will be delayed until 2007, in order for him to further focus on his commitments with Linkin Park.

"It was a natural decision,"
    the singer said. "My record can wait. A good record should still sound good two years from now."

In other news, the band further discussed their committments with producer Rick Rubin as well as how picking him as a producer came about.

"He has produced so many of our favorite records, of everybody's favorite records, he is just so versatile," Shinoda said. "Anybody who can work with the Beastie Boys, Run-DMC, Slayer, System of a Down, Dixie Chicks and Neil Diamond, for us, that is what our sound is based upon. We like to mix different things together in a seamless way and we think Rick is a guy who understands that,

"He's already given us some really great tips on new things just to get us excited about writing another record," Shinoda said. "One of the things he told of right off the bat is, 'Don't think of yourselves as this is what Linkin Park is supposed to be, you can be whatever you want to be. Write anything that comes to your mind that you like.' So I think the next record is really going to break outside the box. You will recognize it as a Linkin Park record, but something that takes it up a notch."

You can find more on this interview, as well as the story behind the Paul McCartney collaboration featured on Wednesday's Grammy Awards Show here.

Source: MTV.com

Thanks to Paul for the news!

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Kudos to Chester for not being selfish.

Jakks

Jakks Point 0

Yeah, still would be nice to hear one or two songs tho

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

Bah...as much I really look forward for Linkin Parks' new album, I still wanna hear Chesters album just as much.

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

big sigh of relief, thought the LP album was delayed untill 2007, lol. Yes, this looks like its going to be one hell of a freaking good album.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

You mean to tell me that the total lack of Linkin Park in the title wasn't a dead giveaway? Wow.

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

No I just opened the webpage to LPA and then closed it by accident and all I saw was delayed 2007... Wow

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I'm interested because they actually made a recorded mash-up of Numb/Encore and Yesterday.

Release it on some site, please!

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

well im glad chester is focusing on the band's cd this is gonna be 1 freaking sweet album.GO LP

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeah but probably not with Chester singing it. Which is why they need to cover Yesterday on the new Linkin Park album.

tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

i think im in love with Rick Rubin

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Aren't we all. I can guarantee that he will bring new life to LP. I think this will be their best record to date.

Shapeshift

Shapeshift Member

I wanna know about Brad.. Any new guitars? Signature guitars? Any new techniques he's picked up along the 3 years of touring? Will he EVER grow his goatee back!?

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I don't think they'll cover it. It's not them. I could see Chester covering it for his solo project though.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

Sorry Derek, but that's the worst idea ever. Seriously, I'd rather they not release an album if it is going to include covers.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I wouldn't mind a cover, but it's a bad idea to cover a Beatles song.

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

Not a cover on a new album though, maybe for a LPU thing, but new albums should be never before heard music, not covers IMO.

tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

i thought it was an understanding that LP werent gonna do covers or collabs on their albums.. wish i had a source for this but Mike said it somewhere

thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

this summer is gonna be the best. i hope LPs album comes out in time. as far as snow white tan, well the plus side is at least us LP fans will have something to look forward to next year as far as LP related music is concerned.

Zack

Zack Banned

I really want to here Chaz's solo, but I agree with Chester, LP always comes first before anything. I guess I'll have to listen to Let Down Live and Morning After remix to tide me over. As for the Rick Rubin news, it's getting kinda old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.