Skinny Puppy

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Urantia Girl, Jul 14, 2007.

Urantia Girl

Urantia Girl Well-Known Member

Okay knowing this place, and take this to NO offense, but I don't think not many people here have experienced the creative and certainly pioneering act that is known as Skinny Puppy. Fronted by Kevin "Ogre" Oglivre and cEvin Key, these guys have been around for more than 20 years under the mainstream spotlight. Why? Because people thought they were Satanists at one point, and plain old bloody pulps onstage. True, but these guys have set the standard for this industrial based music today. Compare Skinny with Nine Inch Nails. Any band that has had a synth has been infulenced by Skinny Puppy for their harsh vocals spewing sin and drug fueled nonsense by Ogre, and cEvin's top notch synth and production work. I'm not here to be all "OMG I LUVVV THESE GUYS TO DEATTHHH!!!1111oneoneone MCR!! FOB!!!!111" I'd just like for some other people who may have not heard of this scene check it out, most notibly the band I'm describing, Skinny Puppy.

If anyone here has the sense to listen, what do you think? Pick up the latest release Mythmaker yet? Or watch the amazing shows they put on this tour? Someone just let me know there's more than just me that's a Skinny Puppy fan.

Sites of interest:

http://www.myspace.com/skinnypuppy

http://www.skinnypuppy.com

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Can I marry you?

Skinny Puppy is one of my favorite "dancey" industrial artists, right behind stuff like VNV Nation (some stuff), Einsturzende Neubauten and The Legendary Pink Dots. My personal favorite album remains "The Greater Wrong Of The Right" since it was the first album I heard, but their newest album and stuff like "Too Dark Park" are classics, to me atleast.

I mean, SP are so "legendary" that Trent Reznor ripped them off for the song, "Down In It". Come on! Haha.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

I love SP....Pro-test is probably my favorite song of theirs. And the video kicks ass. :lol:

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

I love Skinny Puppy! Pro-test is one of my fave songs as well, they're really good. <3

Urantia Girl

Urantia Girl Well-Known Member

The thing with Pro-Test was they made that song really accessible to as many people as they could, rather than the sickening and almost frightening image they had before. It's a good dance track though. If you like Pro-Test than you should def. check out that song "Blue Surge" off of 96's the Process, released right after Dwayne's Goettel's death.