Silent Hill 1-4

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Testament, Nov 25, 2005.

Testament

Testament \m/ LPA Super Member

Some of the best games ever...they pwn Resident Evil. Anyone else play the series? If so, discuss here.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Most games are better than Resident Evil.

I've never played any Silent Hill games but that's because I don't know anyone who has a PS2.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

There isn't much between the two series. Silent Hill is more gross, but I just prefer Resi despite the directional controls being pretty awful up until RE4.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2005
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I kind of gave up on the series after the second. I loved the first Silent Hill, that was my favourite. Solving the piano puzzle was one of the proudest moments of my life. :lol:

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

Silent Hill > Resident Evil 1-3 (and the spin-off games)
    Resident Evil 4 > All Silent Hill games

Testament

Testament \m/ LPA Super Member

:lol:

If you notice, in SH1, Harry holds the rifle like a shithead. THen, in 2, James holds it properly and shoots with good aim. Do I want to know what his prior job was?

What's really driving me crazy are these:

Stanley Coleman in SH3.
    The ties between 1 and 3, and 2 and 4.

palingenesis

palingenesis Well-Known Member

here's the deal:

in SH1 the baby they find is the main character in SH3 (Cheryl). SH4 is the worst. 1,2, and 3 are really awesome. any word on the movie?

i think 3 is the pinnacle of the serious as it is my favorite. SH stands out as survival horror and it is my opinion that it is better the RE in many ways. for RE is more of an "action/shooter and not really a freak me out game but a gross me out game." While SH is like a "wtf is that, this is really freaking me out and grossing me out game, i wanna get out of this room or kill it or do something so that noise stops, why won't you DIE, holy crap why i am playing this in the dark....i don't want to open the next door!" game. need i say more?

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Silent Hill is way more gross than Resi. The grossest thing in Resi is the lead up to the first time you come across a Licker in the second game. It's also more freaky, ie the alien ending in the first game.
    Capcom also seem to have copied SH in Resi 0 with the leech zombies that turn themselves inside out. Anyway, I prefer Resi because it's more of a complete experience and, depending on your perspective, a lot of what takes place in the series could actually happen given that somewhere there is a mad owner of a pharmaceutical corporation looking for a way to become immortal.