September the 30th, 2004 Presidential Debate

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Glenn, Oct 1, 2004.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Kerry did not flip flop during the debate as Bush said. Kerry flip-flopped in the past but I believe he will hold firm beliefs in the future...and he will.

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

That was my point exactly. I want to know the gorey details of the plans they both have. Kerry sounds like he has one, but wasn't able to flush it out in the debates very well under the time constraints. Bush meanwhile just kept on saying being President is tough, without any real plan for the future.

While I think that Kerry was too passive at first, he did do much better in the end I thought, and I was quite happy he didn't 'come out swinging' at Bush, as Bush did against him. I don't think there was a single point (if you could call them that) that Bush made without attacking Kerry's character. He didn't focus on Kerry's policies or plans, only his character. That's not what the debate is meant for.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I don't know what the subjects are for the next two debates. But if the environment comes up, Kerry will completely own Bush in that category.

Shade: These flipflops?

And everyone should read the birth->present timeline for both candidates.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

That's because Bush is a stubborn little kid who's ego won't let him admit his faults. I want to here about how things are going to be fixed, and they do need fixed, but Bush won't even do that.

They should let Nader take Bush's place at the debates, because everyone knows exactly what he's going to say. There are no new strategies, just the same old "We're going to do what we want because we're America."

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Bush presented himself somewhat worse than I thought he would. The whole thing's a rehearsed puppet show, but I thought Kerry conducted himself well.

Boo

Boo Guest

Kerry had stronger points and arguments, but he's still the flip-flopper he's always been and Bush may have repeated a lot of things, but he is true about what he says.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

And Bush has never flip flopped? :rolleyes:

Will

Will bread crumbs & white stones LPA Addicted VIP

Wow. That was the most un-backed-up post ever.

Boo

Boo Guest

Wow. That was the most un-backed-up post ever. [/b][/quote]
    and does it have to be?

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

I believe the next debate on the 13th is to be about the economy and stuff like that.

Anyways with the debate, i wasn't able to catch much of it, but i read the newspaper and they said that John Kerry made some suggestion last night aobut the possibility that his government would go into Noth Korea. I was wondering if anybody can clear me up on this or tell me if this is true at all.

From what i did seee of the debate I believe it was fairly even, Bush stood his gorund on most of the pressing questions that he got. But i must say i was impressed with Kerry in that he took every opportunity he got to throw in a jab agiant bush and did well at it.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

and does it have to be? [/b][/quote]
    Yes, it should be. If you hope to attain any credibility for your views, you're going to have to present SOME information as to WHY what you say is true, and cite specific examples. Without that, it's simply a groundless opinion that no one can even begin to accept as a possible truth.

Boo

Boo Guest

That was just my opinion, sorry

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Yes, you're more than entitled to your opinion, and I didn't mean to sound harsh, but if you want anybody to take you seriously, I'd at least say why you believe what you do.

Boo

Boo Guest

ok...

Boo

Boo Guest

...lots of people don't back up they're arguments...

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Yea, it gets frustrating :lol:
    But this is off topic

and for future reference, don't post twice in a row, just hit the edit button on your last post.

htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

I didn't saw it, but I know it was here on Miami.....hmmmmm......Is that related with the fact that the last elections were decided in FL and that they would really like that Hispanic vote?....Did they talked anything about hemispherical and/or immigrant policy? I'm gonna comment bout that when I know about it...

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Last night the topic was "Foreign Policy," I believe, which was primarily dealing with Iraq, ect.

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

Not really. Most of us who participate in the forum debates often do provide sources. And actually it does bother me that you have so strong an opinion about Bush's policies and yet can't elaborate any further...

Sounds like a classic example of a child following their parent's views without thinking for themselves to me.