Questions about posting

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by Hybrid_Bunny, Apr 17, 2004.

Hybrid_Bunny

Hybrid_Bunny Super Member LPA Super Member

Basically, when is posting a link to another site considered spam? Is it only when we post a link to an mp3 or promoting our own webpages? I know it's okay to post links to joke pages, but I'm just checking. Also, are we allowed to double-post in the "What Song Are You Listening To?" thread? I think I've seen a few people do that without getting warned. Just wondering again.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Ok, for MP3's: Make sure the file is from the band's official website. It doesn't matter if the band supposedly supports the downloading of music, it has to be a link to their official website. That way, we know the band's record label has approved it, and it saves us from possible scrutiny from the RIAA. MP3's from your own band are fine.

Websites: No personal websites. You can't say "hey! look at my website!" and blatantly post it all over the place. You can give links to other sites. Some discretion is used. If you've been here a long time like you've been and you've obviously read the rules, I know I wouldn't warn you for posting a link if you didn't know you weren't allowed to. If you did it repeatedly, maybe.

And the "What Song" thread is the only thread where you can double post. The main reason is because you're constantly listening to a new song. Triple-posting is frowned upon, but not warned for unless oyu post 3 songs in three minutes. Wait some time between posts (maybe 20 minutes) in there if no one else will post in that thread.

Hybrid_Bunny

Hybrid_Bunny Super Member LPA Super Member

Thanks, Mark. Here's another question regarding posting though. How old does a topic have to be until I can make a new one but with the same subject?

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

For MP3's, if you post a song by a band not on a label will you get warned or something?

:wth:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

That's fine. If they're signed, they're represented by a Recording Agency so then the Recording Agency has the gith to claim copyrights on their music. If they're not signed, that's ok.

Felix: Hmm....2 months?

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

That's fine. If they're signed, they're represented by a Recording Agency so then the Recording Agency has the right to claim copyrights on their music. If they're not signed, that's ok.

Felix: Hmm....2 months? [/b][/quote]
    Thanks for clearing that up, Mark ^_^