Police Brutality: When will it end?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by freddurst, Jul 14, 2016.

freddurst

freddurst I DID IT ALL FOR THE NOOKIE

I'm tired of all my brothers and sisters getting gunned down by the police? When will it end? When will white people begin to admit that we got a serious racial discrimination in this country? Lots of white musicians want to incorporate hip hop and soul in their music. They keep appropriating our culture. Yet they refuse to speak up on racial issues. Everybody wants to be black. But nobody wants the black struggle. The bloodshed needs to stop. #blacklivesmatter

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I agree. It'll only end when the good cops speak out against the bad ones because if you're a good cop that that is protecting a murderer, you are no longer a good cop, imo. Sure I understand they're risking their life to protect the public but they're also affecting minorities very negatively, and very rarely do they face any substantial consequences. Paid leave is not a punishment for example, it is a vacation. And the lip service is not enough, paying someone's tab at a restaurant, playing a random b ball game, giving someone a ride, etc, are empty gestures and do not and will not ever make up for the massive racial discrimination and violence that affects us.

And I can't help but roll my eyes for anyone who says #AllLivesMatter. It is true, all lives do matter but people who say that are either ignorant to the fact that police brutality and the American justice system as a whole has a hugely disproportionate affect on African Americans and other minorities compared to whites, or they're racist. Considering all the statistics and evidence out there today, I find it would be extremely rare to find someone who is truly ignorant to the plight we face, so again, that would leave only willful ignorance and racism.

Captain-EO and Deliveranze like this.
    brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

But the issues don't just stem from the cops now. Across the country, Blacks are starting to target cops, even being so extreme to say that all white men are evil. Just in Baltimore, a gang announced that they will be targeting white cops and any white person they come across. This is not the attitude this country needs. You cannot fight racism with racism, especially when you are targeting those who have nothing to do with what's going on in different town's and cities. Change is needed, and both sides need to communicate and compromise.

Jesse

1. You are correct that racism should not be fought with racism.
    2. The majority of us do not condone violence against the police but understand why it has come to be some people feel that way.
    3. Your argument is a false equivalence because the % of people that want to harm or will do harm to whites and cops is much much much much smaller than the number of cops that target minorities.
    4. As of 2014 a black person is 10x - 21x more likely to be killed or assaulted by the police than a white person.
    5. Yes, we should work together but when there is such a hugely proportionate number of violence towards minorities the first steps toward change must absolutely come from within the Justice system that is systematically infested with racism.
    6. There is no compromising with racism. That is kind of a big part since well, racists don't care that they're racist! Or that they have privileges they'll never understand. Oh sure, they say things like "I am not racist, my best friend... Lalala" racists care about being Labled racist but not actually being it.

And sure you can deny and ignore the hugely disproportionate amount of bias, profiling and racism directed toward black people, until you're facing the same thing and have to worry about if you are gonna get shot for playing PoGo in the city.

That is the entire point of the BlackLivesMatter, movement. Sure there are extremists, like any other big group, that want to hijack and corrupt it but that is not the meaning and it is not condone by any sane people. BLM, is not some dumb movement to incite hatred or violence, and it isn't saying white lives or any other lives do not matter because they absolutely do. It is a movement to raise awareness to the amount blacks face compared to white people and honestly if you're gonna make that out to be bad, I have nothing more to say because at that point you're just ignoring the problem and living in denial.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    brady

Woah woah woah, why the hell are you attacking me? I was just talking about one portion of the issue. I'm not one of the idiots petitioning our government to recognize the Black Lives Matter as a fucking terrorist group. I understand that there's many people hoping and fighting for peaceful and positive change through the movement, but I'm just saying that it's sad and ignorant that some people are using these recent events to target white people and white cops.

Let's try to assume a little less here.

Jesse

Sorry. I do admit I went a bit overboard. Not to make any excuses but I was outside in like 90F weather waiting for a ride for 2 hours so tbh I was a bit in a rage. I'll try to be more calm now that I am inside and not feeling like I'm going to pass out. Lol

Captain-EO likes this.
    brady

It's all good, no hard feelings :)

Captain-EO likes this.