Plastic Surgery

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Mad_hahn, Jan 7, 2005.

Mad_hahn

Mad_hahn Member

What do you think of plastic surgery?

I was watching VH1 and they were having a show about it. I personally think that it's alright for people who need a body part reconstructed to make their life easier. But I think that when a person has a great body/face already, it's just a waste of their money when they get like, addicted to it. Plus, it does have it's dangers.

I don't think I'd ever get it after seeing different operations done on tv... it looks like something out of a horror movie.

Anyway, what do you guys think about it? Would you ever get plastic surgery?

DiSiLLUSiON

DiSiLLUSiON Ambient

Well, the thing is, apart from surgical reconstructions, removal of scars after an accident and so on... plastic surgery is essentially useless. Why? Cause the people who undergo plastic surgery do that for a reason, most of the time because of the fact that they're not happy with how they look. But, there are only a few cases in wich you'd say, well, I'd feel the same way too.

But in most cases, people are already good looking, they're just not good looking enough, according to their own views. They want to be like popstars and such. All that stems from a minority complex every time, and what do you suppose happens when they've had plastic surgery? The process itself isn't addictive, it's the results. The only problem is, that their focus on what they don't like will only shift after an operation, and will continue into eternity.

So, she doesn't like her nose, and gets it done. But then, she notices her ears. Then, she notices her hips. And then her belly. Hmm, now her breasts don't seem in proportion anymore, change 'em. And so on, and so on. It's a neverending process.

So, as long as it only gets financed when someone's been in an accident and it's really 'needed', not because they 'want it', I'm fine with it. Still think it's incredibly stupid to change your body instead of changing your views towoards that same body, but crap, if they wanna live, forever not accepting themselves the way they are, and spending huge amounts of money (wich they could have better given to charity), who am I to stop them? I wish 'm alot of fun.

Though I doubt that every time they've undergone an operation, the healing process will be a lot of fun. Gheh.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I dont care one way or the other. its not my body, its not my money, and if someone wants to look better, its not my place to stop them

Hybrid Theory

Hybrid Theory Well-Known Member

Plastic surgery is only necessary to fix a crooked nose, remove scars, burn marks, or get lipo done if you're obese.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Who are you to dictate what plastic surgery can and can't be used for? If someone without any injuries, scars, whatever, just wants to look better, who are you to say they can't have it done? Its not like you're paying for it, and tax-supported healthcare programs for low income people don't pay for boob jobs.

Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

So does it mean you're judging me because I had breasts surgery?

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

I don't agree with plastic surgery unless it is for medical reasons. If someone has been in an accident and needs plastic surgery to sort them out then yeah, but if it's like a boob job or to change the shape of their nose or re-do their whole face then no, it's wrong. Theres a girl at my school that wants to have plastic surgery on her face when she is actualy very attractive. It's stupid i think

Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

It's their business, not mine. Why do I care if someone wants to buy themselves a prettier face? I'm not paying for it and it's not going to affect me.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

I dont really..care actually. If they want to look pretty, let them do it. But if they are already pretty, dont do it because it will only make you look worser.

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

I'm somewhere between Dillusion and Todd--I personally think it's stupid to take the risks just because you want bigger boobs or a different nose, but I certainly don't think it should be banned or condemed. People can do what they want.

Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

uhuh, agreed with that.

I want bigger boobs actually. They're so small it irritates me and I somehow, feel uncomfortable I don't have bigger ones. I know it's all natural blahblahblah, but I don't feel right with it.

Joanna

Joanna Member

Worser?

Whatever makes you happy. Who cares what others think, if plastic surgery provides a confidence boost for people, I say go for it.

Chris

Yes, thank you. The English language needed a revolution and i brought it :D

Joanna

Joanna Member

Yes, thank you. The English language needed a revolution and i brought it :D [/b][/quote]
    Did you tell Grammar.com about this? :lol:

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

uhuh, agreed with that.

I want bigger boobs actually. They're so small it irritates me and I somehow, feel uncomfortable I don't have bigger ones. I know it's all natural blahblahblah, but I don't feel right with it. [/b][/quote]
    I want the same thing done. My boobs are too small. <_< :mellow:

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

My boobs are too big.

Chris

Did you tell Grammar.com about this? :lol: [/b][/quote]
    I already send an email ;) :lol:

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

:mellow:

Meh, don't really have an opinion on this. If people want to do this to themselves, I'm not stopping them.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Wanna trade? :lol:

DiSiLLUSiON

DiSiLLUSiON Ambient

I want titties!

No, seriously.. If a girl begins with her boobs, where does it end? I've known enough girls that said "I want larger boobs", and (when they were my girlfriend) after I subtly said that I think boobs above cup A are notoriously ugly to me, they suddenly want smaller boobs!

I still think changing the view such a person has towoards itself is preferable to plastic surgery, 'cause otherwise, everything isn't good enough.