NFL

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Erica, Sep 9, 2011.

1. ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Ted builds through the draft. That's why.

I'm liking Emery's style. Quietly retaining, adding necessary pieces, and pulling punches when necessary.

The Brandon Marshall trade/steal, Jason Campbell, Michael Bush, and Eric Weems. Very solid.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  2. theDUDE

theDUDE Don't be scared homie!

Agreed. The Bears are starting to look pretty nasty this upcoming season. Team to watch for.

Edit: Also all the people hating on Alex Smith (still), c'mon now... Is he ever gonna be Joe Montana or Steve Young? Probably not. He did have a great year last year. How people can say 'when you put the game in his hands, you lose' is beyond me. Last season HE did it against the Lions, Eagles, and who can for get that epic final four minutes of the Saints game? Give the guy a break, he of all people, deserves one. Let's see how this seasons plays out first. :cool:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  3. ernieball003

Because as soon as the 49ers stopped running the ball against the Giants it's like they ran into a brick wall. It wasn't a matter of who would win but when the Giants would.

You know who else has played epically in the final minutes of games? Rex Grossman.

You know who else has been a miserable failure in the final minutes of games? Rex Grossman.

4. theDUDE

Alex didn't have any help from his recievers that day, aside from the opening drive with Vernon. The only recievers he had that game were crabtree and williams. If williams doesn't botch two punts we win. The punt off his knee led directly to a touchdown. Also if the officials had ruled that bradshaw fumbled instead of saying his forward progress was stopped, which it clearly wasn't, we also would have won. Lots of things happened that game to just blame it on one person.

Although, your Rex Grossman point, very well played.
    To be fair rex grossman is a whole different beast. Nobody turns the ball over like he does except for maybe J.T. O'Sullivan.

5. ernieball003

Special Teams is a part of the game. (I also have to note that Devin Thomas, the Giant that recovered both fumbles, is now a Bear. Fitting, really.)

And the receivers didn't have any help with him throwing it in the dirt. With Randy Moss in SF the wideout excuse can (possibly) be dropped. But this has got to be Alex Smith's last go-around. It shouldn't take soon-to-be eight seasons for a supposed franchise quarterback to reach the cusp of reaching the cusp of their potential.

6. theDUDE

Special teams is part of the game and helps my point as to why its not just Alex's fault we lost. He is also the reason we won some of those games last year.

Moss and Manningham should remove the WR excuse, I agree. I also agree that if Alex does not improve or at least play as well as last year the Niners should move on. He's been given his fair share of opportunities.
    I was just saying that he has a good season and still can't catch a break.

7. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I'm kind of disappointed that the Broncos rodent get a first rounded but I am excited for Brock Oswieler. With elway and manning to teach him he's in a pretty good learning environment to say the least

8. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I don't get how people can get so into any sports draft. My friends were having draft day parties and stuff. I caught the first few minutes of the first round just to see Luck and I already lost interest.

9. jedibeaner

jedibeaner Well-Known Member

Oh yeah...

10. ernieball003

The Packers signed Cedric Benson. Thanks advantage to exploit in Week 2!

11. jedibeaner

Anybody down to start a fantasy league?

12. ernieball003

After almost 8 years I'm sort of burnt out on it.

13. jedibeaner

I think somebody is scared. :p

14. ernieball003

Two years. In that span I've won two league titles and lost twice. It'd be undefeated or bust for me.

15. jedibeaner

Did you did it last year with the LPU?

16. ernieball003

Whenever I involve the LPU that usually fills about two to four spots, excluding myself.

17. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

thought I'd bump the thread seeing as its the first sunday. Super excited for Manning's debut! I think we're going to destroy the steelers.

18. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

These refs are fucking god awful. I'm watching the Packers/49er's game. Sickening.

19. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

the pack got jipped on 2 false starts calls then called for it the very next series. It kind of infuriated me even though I'm rooting niners.

also Akers 63 yarder was down right sick.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  20. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I agree.