New LPTV - Buried At Sea (Part 1)

Discussion in 'News' started by Benjamin, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

This SE or lack there of, is something similar to the DSPs going from concert purchase to "included in your ticket" which makes sense. They figure the additional advertisement/ exposure it gets offsets what they actually make off it (which is probably peanuts in the scheme of things). Would be nice to have a pretty bow on it, but either way, it's more cost effective in the long run going the advertisement/ social media sharing direction.

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

I can really see BID having a beasty Rob Bourdon drum solo when they play it live (Much like Bleed It Out on Road to Revolution). That would be awesome :D

Liz

Liz ChainsawLiz LPA VIP

First thing I noticed: IT'S NOT IN BLACK AND WHITE!!!!!! xDD

Anyways! Awesome! Hoping that there will be something like a DVD at least since we're not getting one with the album!

LP_A_THOUSAND_SUNS

LP_A_THOUSAND_SUNS New Member

Here's the lyrics from the beginning of the song to the second pre-chorus (i got it from the screen shot where chester is looking at the computer :WTF:)

Buried at sea
    1)abuse cycle (traingle); break up to make up
    2) we love to build things
    up and knock them down

[I found some thing]

V1.
    I carried your banner /
    I carried the answer /

PC
    And it was there in the gray
    there in the space below
    [there in the space below / there in the space below]
    It was there in the gray
    There that we came to know

CH.
    we build ourselves up
    to watch it cave in
    we build ourselves up
    but through it all
    we can't wait
    to burn it down again

V2.[fuck i always do this]
    [but im going to get it right]

PC
    And you were there in the way
    there in the space below
    [there in the space below / there in the space below]
    it was there in the gray

regulusplusone

regulusplusone Well-Known Member

Casita Taco De Carbon is the place Mike ordered from in North Hollywood... Just in case those of us in the area are looking for a good Mexican restaurant... :D

A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

whats the song chester plays on the piano?

RapidGunner

RapidGunner The Catalyst

Okay, so the drum sounds were played by Rob? That's good then... :)
    But still, I wish they didn't process it as much, cause what Rob was playing sounded much better compared to the final product..

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
    regulusplusone

regulusplusone Well-Known Member

No clue. Neither Shazam nor SoundHound could match it.

KaitoKid

KaitoKid Lyricist

ting ding ding 5:54 - 6:14 the best part

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Glad to see them moving away from the ATS style of LPTVs. This was good and informative. But it really didn't make me appreciate the song any more or less.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

brilliant episode!

RapidGunner

RapidGunner The Catalyst

I am loving the new "documentary" style they have adopted. And yes I agree that this is much better than the ATS videos.

Seanlp608

Seanlp608 Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is true but this is just my speculation on the whole "will there be a making of DVD?" conundrum. On Mike Shinoda Clan, there was a link to a radio interview with Mike and he was talking about all of the packaging and how the music industry has gotten to a point where labels are allowing extremely limited options for artists. Mike also said that Living Things will have a 20 page booklet of full color art. My theory is that LP might have had the option to either do a making of DVD or the art booklet and they decided to do the art. This is just a theory and I'm throwing it out there to hear everyone's awesome opinions so please don't yell at me lol! Also, I am greedy person and wish there was a deluxe edition that has the cd, an art book, a making of DVD, vinyl, and much more! Anybody feel me?!?!?!

op4blushift

op4blushift Well-Known Member

Yes, the video does show Rob playing live drums, but that doesn't necessarily mean that what ended up on the final released version weren't electronic/programmed drums. That being said, I don't understand why people feel the need to go "defending" LP when they use programmed drums etc. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. Yes, the majority of pop artists do that to, but so do these guys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7bIYSVpYSU and that sure as hell ain't no top 40 pop song. Its not about what instruments your using, its about HOW you use them. And in my honest opinion, Burn It Down is just a pop hit, no offense to people that like the song, but its got a very predictable structure and sing-a-long chorus much like a lot of the stuff off HT and Meteora. I'm not saying that its bad just because its simple, but I honestly can't really get into it.

On-topic though, cool video. Nice to see Brad sort of take on what Mike normally does while Chester's recording vocals.

The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

Great episode. I really like how they showed early stages of that song, though it's primarily lyrics-wise.
    Also it would had been awesome, if they have shown more aspects from the muscial development of the song. I'm also quite happy LPTV is back in color again.
    Looking forward for more episodes. I was thinking that they perhaps could release an iso-dvd image with the making of LIVING THINGS to buy via itunes or their website, though it's unlikely. :D

But It'll still be nice, if we get around 8-10 episodes of LPTV in the next two months. I can live with that as long as the quality of each episode is as good as in this one. The title "Buried At Sea" sounds like a title for a Thrice song.^^

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Awesome vid, good to see the band in the studio.

Hoping for more LPTV's this album cycle. :)

cloudscream

cloudscream Static

Sometimes a song is just a song and not a track from Kid A. That predictable pop structure is being used even by non-top 40 musicians and I don't think you hate all of them.

op4blushift

op4blushift Well-Known Member

I never said that I hate mainstream music or predictable pop structures at all. And no I don't I think that predictable pop structures are only being used by top 40 musicians. I guess I was mainly trying to point out that theres nothing wrong with electronic/programmed instruments at all (it seems like some people here are against it). And yeah, I probably should've picked something that wasn't Radiohead but whatever, just trying to make a point.

FAMe

FAMe Member

I agree. Burn it Down is a pop song; there's no denying it. In saying that, I love the song. Not as much as I love The Catalyst, but it's an accessible, catchy piece of electro-rock which I'd gladly listen to over other radio material.

A lot of the vibes I'm getting from all the pre-release hype suggest the band are going for a much more accessible album. Perhaps the division A Thousand Suns caused amongst their fan base made them concerned for their longevity, or the label is pressuring them. It is also possible of course that they just wanted to make a more popular record. I must say, I'm a little concerned, A Thousand Suns to me is a (slightly) flawed diamond; by far their best work to date, and the best envisioning so far of the "hybrid theory" they set out to create. Hopefully more LPTV episodes will give an insight to the rest of the album, I could be completely wrong!

20. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Great episode. Can't wait for more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.