New BURN IT DOWN Clip featuring Mike Rapping

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

A lot of people don't enjoy music that has a pop edge to it. It's too shallow.

2. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

It was my vid :(

3. emptyspaces0

emptyspaces0 Hunter Eats Hunter

The clips just keep getting better and better, so excited for the song to come out! Definitely preordering the album on Monday.

4. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

The courious part is BID doesnt sound bad at all and it has everything of LP:
    1. Powerfull notes from chester
    2. Raping from Mike (a very good one ) wish theres more at the begining of the song.
    3. Catchy electro elements
    4. So much energy i think more than in all MTM togheter
    5. The word lies lol
    6. i think there will be guitars too
    7. the lyrics are simple but easy to sing at the karaoke

5. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

How can someone love a song and is unable to enjoy it? I don´t get it.^^

6. Dragonfly

Dragonfly LPA VIP LPA VIP

7. Brandon

I never said anything about anyone loving a song. You said "what's the problem with a song being pop?" and I said "some people just don't like pop music."

8. Gilb3R

Gilb3R where's my fucking frapuccino?

so you had the full song? or just some mix u did

9. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Well, than it seems like you haven´t noticed the quote in my first post? It was there for a reason, i can totally understand if someone doesn´t enjoy a certain kind of music.

10. SuperSaiyan4Kev

SuperSaiyan4Kev Well-Known Member

HAHA...why do people say things like this? In a perfect world, we would all like things to stay the same, but it's not. Listen, Linkin Park are human beings...they work to make music, to make money, to feed themselves, just like us. At my job, if I want more money, I work hard to get that promotion. If I'm doing the same things I was years ago, I wouldn't get a promotion. They'd say, "Well, Kevin is okay with living a mediocre life and not wanting to change anything to get where he wants to be." Linkin Park makes music to feed themselves and to make a living. Just like in nature, we adapt to survive. Now, I'm not saying that if they stayed to the old sound of HT and Meteora, that I wouldn't listen to them. I would. But, you've got to admit, it'd sound boring if they sounded the same. Another song that sounds like 'Numb' would kill me. And with the new music, it doesn't sound like that. It's new, it's fresh, and it's awesome. They're using more sounds, experimenting with various things. Let Linkin Park be Linkin Park and let us be the fans. Not saying we can't judge them, because that's our job. I'm just here to counter your comment on their music. That's what we're here for. To debate. And I say............................Linkin Park is going to make music that they enjoy and I enjoy it, too. That's why I purchase their music.

11. Brandon

Ah, right. I missed the part where the other guy said "don't get me wrong, I love the song." My bad.

12. wolflink

where are limpbizkit, korn, and other numetal bands???? they are somewhere but who cares anymore in the other hand LP keeps alive and growing and getting better i like the LP from the begining but i like this LP even more

13. hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

Raping from Mike? Sweet.

14. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

What amazes me more than anything is how people lamenting about this song coming off too poppy or mainstream, when Linkin Park ARE a pop band. They always have been. They've been pop artists with hard rock/electronic sensibilities. Songs like "In The End" and "Numb" were catered specifically for radio. It doesn't mean they're shallow as artists, or that their music is shallow, they just write music that's universal. Doesn't make them any less enjoyable, because they still write very good songs with interesting and unique sounds despite that fact. Again this isn't an insult to the band. They just know how to write catchy music. ATS may have been their step away from that, but all their other albums have always been radio accessible.

15. I Like Cheese

I Like Cheese Well-Known Member

This might be slightly off topic, but remember how LP said that with ATS they didn't want just a collection of songs, they wanted a 'real album' that kind of flowed from start to finish? Well I'm a bit late to the party, but do you think this new album will have that same concept behind it?

BTW This is my first post. :WTF:

16. RoyHahn

RoyHahn Well-Known Member

17. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

It kinda reminds me of when a guy goes out for a night on the town, pulls a really hot girl, takes her back to his place and just when things are heating up, the chick pulls out a dick. Apply this to Linkin Park fans listening to what they thought was nu-metal, only to find out that when they get it home, it's actually pop.

18. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Do you know what shallow is?

These lyrics are metaphoric, meaning that they aren't shallow.
    The production of the song does not feel empty (imo), which would make it shallow.

People tend to consider pop music to be shallow because there tends to be no deep meaning or emotional connection besides feeling good and wanting to dance. It has nothing to do with the production

19. wolflink

They said this is a song based album but i think it will have some kind of conexion betwen songs

20. Private Donut

Private Donut Well-Known Member

Unlikely, ATS was a concept album. I remember Mike mentioning plenty of inspirations as to what they wanted to make for that album. This probably won't be like that, I'm not saying it will be more commercial, but will have more radio accessible songs that they can pull from the album with ease. I'm sure there's a story being told within the album but not in the same way as ATS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.