My fish died...

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Derek, Nov 21, 2003.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Many of you might remember that I held a poll on these forums a few months ago to name a red fish I had received as a gift back in April.

Well I come to these forums with some bad news, today "The Chemist" passed away from old age. He looked like he had been dead for a few hours but I found that odd as I would've noticed he was dead when I went to feed my fishes this morning.

At first I thought he overfed himself as he looked pretty bloated but then I found out from my dad that, that's what all fishes do when they die. A horrible sight to see but at least I know that he died from old age and not from a painful death.

The Chemist lived a long life as most fishes dont last for longer then a few months and I'm guessing The Chemist lived for about a year maybe even more. (I know that his age was probably at least 2 months old when I got him in April so you figure thats 12 months or one year.) Chemy was always really happy so, its a shame he had to die when he seemed to enjoy his life so much everyday.

Some people might think that they are just fishes, but when you have one for so long you begin to grow attached to it and I'm sure people who helped choose his name would wan't to know what happened to him since then.

For losing a pet, I'm coping pretty well as I knew he was getting old and I was expecting it soon, but I will miss waking up and feeding him everyday as he always swam around happily when it was feeding time.

I know I originally thought the fish was a girl because of its small size, but only males have bright colors as the females are dull in color, so I started to call him The Chemist

Here's a pic of him although not the best..I'll miss you Chemy.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Sorry to hear that, man :(.

My cat passed away a few months ago, and she wasn't that old... She was with us for almost two years, and she was already a few months old, too. I know how it feels to lose pets... I've lost a lot of them in my life. It'll be okay, dude.

*Gives a prop to The Chemist* :lol:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

You lost your kitty. :( That sucks because I love cats man.

May

May Ambient

R.I.P The Chemist

Leslie

Leslie huh? LPA Super Member

oooh, that's sad! :( i went home a week ago and my mom told me "by the way, moochie (one of our cats) got hit by a car three weeks ago. and then your dad found him the next morning under your car..." geez, parents and their ways of hiding things from you--just don't go off to college, that's when they start keeping secrets...

but yeah, sorry to hear about The Chemist!

RiverJudeAlexander

RiverJudeAlexander Ambient

isn't it weird how we BUY animals... and then... they die. and that's it. they're dead. my snake died. and my three lizards. i miss them. it sucks. but i guess i knew it would happen some day... now it's my ferret's turn... how depressing.

enjoy fishy heaven The Chemist. i pay tribute. \m/

Samantha

Samantha Super Member LPA Super Member

:( R.I.P Chemy

Hana

Hana i are scientists LPA Super Member

Oh I'm so sorry about this :'( I hope you will meet in your next lives...

Crazy.Desperate.Insane

Crazy.Desperate.Insane Well-Known Member

I had a dog who lived with our family for almost 8 years. She died but never bore a puppy despite mating with our other dog.

I also had a fish. I was so fascinated with her that oftentimes I would play with her by getting her out of the water momentarily many times. Haha.. She died after a month of doing that to her... I guess I take the blame. I haven't told mom. Grr.. I admit I was stupid. I gave her a very unique name.- Kikokoy.. Whatta name..

RIP pets!!

_PianoPaPercut_

_PianoPaPercut_ Ambient

wow.. chemy looks kewl.. RIP Chemy.. hope you're happy in fishy heaven..

odd coicidence.. six of my goldfish died the other day.. thanks to dear old dad.. T_T.. he was in a rush to clean the tank that he didnt rinse it properly and the water was sorta soap.. so they all died.. except for one.. it nearly died but my dad saved it. man.. watching fish die is in my opinion a pretty freaky sight.. i screamed when i saw the first two begin to float.. and eventually sink.. *sniff*..

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

i love my fish when i was 3, i cried, tough break man derek, try to get another fish if you miss feeding him in the morning

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

Condoleances.

Numb Girl

Numb Girl Well-Known Member

sad story... :( :'(

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

The Chemist will be remembered...

Any plans for a Chemist jr.?

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

that sucks big time :(

don't do as Dexter and Deedee and flush him trough the toilet

that wasn't funny :wth:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

If it really affects you Derek, I'm sorry to hear that.

I've had my goldfish for 8 or 9 years. It's sick. He won't die!

Edit: He isn't sick, the situation is sick.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Why do people get upset when fish die? I might sound cold, but it's just a fish.

I had a goldfish for almost 9 years before it died and I could've cared less about it.

I eat fish. I don't cry when I eat a fishstick--why should I cry when my fish dies?

:lol: Sorry, Derek. I couldn't resist.

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

Poor fishy :( .

It's ok Derek, you can get a new one!

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

I know how its like to lose a pet. I've lost many pets whom I love very much. I had one dog named Nala who was with us for around 4 years. I loved her so much. She was the only one in my family who liked peporoni pizza. I'd always get Pizza Hut, and go outside just to eat with her. (I don't like going outside, but for Nala, I'd do anything.) I fell into depression when I lost her. She wasn't jsut a dog, she was my niece. (We considered Nala to be my sisters daughter.)

I'm really sorry that your fish has died. I know some people just see it as a fish. But I'm sure you saw The Chemist as more. I hope you find a way to cope and that The Chemist is swimming happily, whereever he is.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I'm sorry your fish died, Derek. :(