MTV's New Spider-Man Animated Series

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by [Darken Hybrid], Jun 24, 2003.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

Sony's new Spider-Man animated series has a premiere date. After several months of delays, the new series has been scheduled to premiere July 11 at 10:00 p.m. on MTV. The new series, which was scheduled to premiere last November on the network picks up where the blockbuster feature film left off with Peter Parker aka Spider-Man, Mary Jane Watson and Harry Osborn now attending college. The series will premiere with the episode entitled The Party.

Spider-Man, based on the popular Marvel character, is being animated by computer animation pioneers Mainframe Entertainment. The animation will have a very distinct look that does not look anything like Mainframe's past series. It will feature a more distinct cel-animated look than the more 3D-looking Mainframe series of the past.

The talented cast includes Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie Howser, M.D.) as Spider-Man/Peter Parker, recording-artist Lisa Loeb as Peter's love-interest, Mary Jane Watson and Ian Ziering (Beverly Hills, 90210) as Harry Osborn. Additionally, celebrity guests including Spider-Man comic-book co-creator, Stan Lee , Ethan Embry and Michael Duncan Clarke will make appearances on the series.

The following is an episode guide of the first eleven episodes of the new series:

#01 - The Party
    #02 - Keeping Secrets
    #03 - Shutterbuggery
    #04 - Tight Squeeze
    #05 - Royal Scam
    #06 - Heroes and Villains
    #07 - Head Over Heels
    #08 - Law of the Jungle
    #09 - When Sparks Fly
    #10 - Flash Memory
    #11 - Preying Mantis

I saw a preview video about this series a long time ago. I forgot where I saw it...

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

MTV AND SPIDER-MAN? Psh. No thank you. :mellow:

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Yeah, I never really saw it as something that would go on MTV. A bit wierd if you ask me.

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

from the previews i saw of this, it looked like they were going to majorly ruin spider-man. im definitely not watching this.

linkinparkbby101

linkinparkbby101 Well-Known Member

i love spiderman sooooo much but spiderman/mtv? ummm... :rasberry:

MentalMel911

MentalMel911 Banned

Two words for ya: Oh God.

Shinji

Shinji Illuminate

MTV & SPIDERMAN :mellow:

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

I saw the preview on MTV. It looks kinda cel shaded but not really cel shaded. It looks kool. At least it's something until Spider-Man 2 comes out.

Edit: View the commercial here. it's in bad quality, though.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

I saw the 2 episodes that aired on Friday on MTV @ 10 pm. It was like nothing seen before. It's like some weird 2D and 3D combination. It was awesome and interesting. The story takes place after the movie. I like how everything turned out. I think it's the best Spider-Man series yet. I can't wait to see the next episodes. That's something amazing until Spider-Man 2 comes out, which will be almost a year from now.

Anybody else saw it?

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

The story lines and such are all right, but the sad thing is the animation >_<. I was a little disappointed in the way the characters moved and everything... It's like a really bad computer graphic...show... I still like it... I just wish the animations were better :\.

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

it worked for ReBoot, but that was because those guys were inside of a computer, the animation made sense. but, i didn't look good at all from the five second clips I saw of it. Poor Mainframe, I don't think they're doing well.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

Eh Spider man is ok but MJ really doesntlook good...the computer graphics make them look blocky instead of realistic. Its OK though

Sludge Factory

Sludge Factory Well-Known Member

They arent supposed to look realistic. They are "cartoon" type characters.

I saw that episode with that green lady and her sword. Its a pretty cool show. I still dont know why its on MTV though. :wth:

LinkinTheory

LinkinTheory Well-Known Member

Caught a couple seconds of it. didn't like the animation style. The shadows look messed up. Especially the facial shadowing.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

Because some of the materials aren't for children, so it can't be on Kids WB or Cartoon Network. It's more for "matured" audience, and that's why it's on the 10 spot on MTV.

Morbid Raven

Morbid Raven Active Member

Hmm the plot of the Spider-Man thing is okay.. The characters did look weird but I guess it's worth watching imo..