Mr. Hahn To Direct "King Rat", New Single News

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

According to MTV.com, Linkin Park turntablist Joe Hahn has been looking for the rights to one of his favorite books in order to direct a film about it, as previously reported. Mr. Hahn's dreams have finally come true. Hahn has finally bought the rights to China Mievillés 1998 novel "King Rat".

"King Rat" centers around an imprisoned young drifter from London who is saved by the King Rat. King Rat claims to be his real parent, and is also the revolutionary leader of a rodent army driven out of London seven hundred years prior. King Rat trains the boy to fight the man who framed him for a murder which sent him to jail, called the Rat Catcher.

Hahn commented; "I'm still developing it, but it's a horror thriller and it's a modern-day tale of the Pied Piper,"

"My agent gave me the book and I loved it. It had a lot of elements I like. A lot of fantasy, a lot of modern-day culture, some background of drum 'n' bass music — so a little bit of everything I'm into."

There has been no pre-production started and there is no release date of the film available. Whether the movie will be released commerically is unsure.

The article goes on to confirm that "From The Inside" will be the fourth single from "Meteora". The video is already finished filming and was shot in Prague along with the "Numb" video a few months ago. The song is scheduled to be released internationally.

Mr. Hahn, director of "From The Inside", said the video takes place in a historic place in Prague during a riot.

"It's actually one of the best videos we've done," he said. "It's about a riot that happens. We basically took over a historic square in Prague and let 400 people loose and we performed in the middle of the riot. It's basically a display of someone's power."

The video may be included on their upcoming "Linkin Park Live in Texas" DVD, set for release on November 11th in North America, and November 10th worldwide.

Full Article: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1479388/2...?headlines=true

figure9

figure9 Well-Known Member

really cool news... especially about the new video i love the sound of it :)

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

I already posted that, Oh well*shrugs*
    Congrats Joe! ^_^

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

awesome news! :D

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Cool news :D . The idea for From the Inside is great! And I'm happy to see Mr.Hahn will be able to make his dream come true :D . I just hope he won't set LP aside for the movie...

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

naw Joe wouldn't do that ;)
    Linkin Park is practically his life aside of movie making.

Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

From the inside is one of my favorite tracks off meteora. I am so excited about the video. (w00t) you just dont know.

Meteora87

Meteora87 Member

This is awesome news and all, but will From the Inside come out before Live in Texas in Nov10? Will the video premier soon?!?!?!?! :eek: B) :( :lol: :wth: (w00t) :joe:

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

it'll probably come out in a month and a half or even 2 months, because Numb just came out. Usually theres 2 months between singles release.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Numb came out last week. It's not likely.

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

This is very good news about Joe's movie and the umcoming video :D SWEEETT :D

dlpalex

dlpalex Well-Known Member

When Joe is finished with the movie, I will definately see it because it has a drum and bass feel to, it takes place in england and mr. hahn directed it and he is a very cool director.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Numb came out last week. It's not likely. [/b][/quote]
    Exactly, singles usually have a 3-4 month run on the charts before a new song is premiered to take its place. Since Numb just premiered a week ago, it would be a smart guess to assume From The Inside will premiere around January or February of next year.

I wouldn't expect to see From The Inside on tv before this year is over. At least not on the airwaves, it's already been speculated that the video might premiere on Linkin Park's upcoming "Live In Texas" DVD so if you wish to see the new video before it premieres around next year, your best bet would be to look there on the special features included with the disc.

fearphobic

fearphobic Well-Known Member

:D wicked news!!! haha, thatz gr8 fer :joe: joe!!! hehe. and hmmm, i was hoping their next single would be "Don't Stay" or "Lying From You", but hey, "From the Inside" is a gr8 song!!! :lol: ^_^

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Well you also gotta remember that they did said FTI will more than likely be an international single

LP4ever

LP4ever Well-Known Member

Yo, I'm so glad to hear that Joe can have his dream come true. When the movie comes out, I will probably watch it as I think the story plot is quite cool and nice. :rolleyes:
    Besides, I'm looking forward to the FTI video too, it's a great song!! :lol:

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

This is great :D. Finally, Mr. Hahn (a GREAT director) has his chance to make a movie and make it into the public eye as a director. I will definately buy this movie regardless of how much I like it. Also the video for From the Inside is going to be awesome! FTI is one of my favorite songs off the album and the video sounds good. I hope it's going to be on the DvD because it sounds like it'll be one of the best LP videos made

Ppr:Kut

Ppr:Kut Y2K

Go MR.HAHN go......

annashinoda

annashinoda Well-Known Member

kewlie! :)

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

Sorry i'm a blonde. What do they mean by "international single" again?
    :huh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.