Montreal College Shootings

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Mark, Sep 13, 2006.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2006/09/13/shots-dawson.html

Oh. my. fucking. god.

Things like this aren't supposed to happen in Canada!

Shades of the shootings at Ecole Polytechnique back in 1989. This is absolute madness.

Just wait for video games or heavy music to be blamed for this, when the real issue is gun control.

These are kids my age. That is just unreal.

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

Just heard about this myself. This is terrible - it's the last thing I'd ever expect in Canada, especially Montreal.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

I agree w/ Mark on the fact that the usual will be blamed for this. It's bullshit.

But this is indeed terrible.

whoneedssubtext?

whoneedssubtext? gggg-uNOT

Soon enough They will be a documentary on this, and Michael Moore will make some more money off of it. And we can all blame Marilyn again for not being a conformist.
    The smartest thing I've ever heard anyone say was when Marilyn answered the question "If you could've talked to the shooters before it happened, what would you have said?" and all he said was Nothing, I would've listened.

But if I read it right, at least no one died, and that's some kind of bonus.

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

yo man! it was soooooooooooo fucking scary!!!!!!

its like u see this in a movie! but when u see it happen in real fucking life! id never thought id experience this

Mark

You were there?

The_Rising_Tied

well i was dt, and i called my friend, and shes was cryinggg like crazyy! she was in her classroom..locked of course, and she seen some guy get shot right outsider her door...its so fuckin bad here

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

I'm so speechless... I mean, if it can happen in Montreal, it can happen in Quebec... I could've been there... You don't expect those things up here. You see a peaceful society, one which seems to enjoy some kind of calm, and all of a sudden it goes away.

By the way, the gunman and a woman in her 20s died :( .

Jon[athan]

Jon[athan] Sincerly, written from my brothers blood machine.

Wow, thats shocking news. I wouldnt have expected something like that to happen in Canada. I just wonder what goes through somones head to make them do something like this.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

Montreal for the most part is one of the safest cities in the World. You can walk downtown at night and not really worry about getting mugged or anything.
    So for this to happen is sickening, scary, and just plain wrong. From what I heard the gunman didn't have an aim he was just shooting people randomly, he must have been sick in the head or something....

Anyways, just terrible especially being first year in college myself, someone who had a bright future now doesn't get to experience it.

Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

Dude.. this is Canada. Things like this are not supposed to happen in Canada.

Now with that out of the way.

I agree with Mark, the usual things will be blamed, but people will think about gun control, hopefully.

This is terrible, all good luck and hope to the victims, their families, and the people who underwent the trauma. RIP the young woman who died.

llewellyn101

llewellyn101 Well-Known Member

mureder happens around the world every day...

the person sitting next to you (stats has proven) has thought of killing a person atleaste 3 times this month

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

The world's really messed up. Even in the most peacefull country these things happen.

People shouldn't blame this on video games or on heavy music but on gun control like Mark said.

I still can't believe those things happen but even in countries where there is gun control things like this can happen.

llewellyn101

llewellyn101 Well-Known Member

StOf our lives are defined through the things we achieve... ppl (children) want to be remembered for something ... and this was a good way of doing it...

(Psych 312 - Psychopathology)

Mark

Excuse me, but are you trying to justify these killings?

Yeah, I'm sure anyone would love to be remembered as some asshole who started shooting innocent young people for no reason. I don't care what extraordinary circumstance you might want to dream up, but you should in no way, shape, or form even try to sympathize with the one who committed these atrocities.

So what, people think about killing other people? The thing is, they usually don't go about carrying through with their thoughts! What an asinine attempt to desensitize or take away from what is truly a tragic event. You should be ashamed of that cynical thought process.

Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

What?

The world is fucked up. <.<

the_king_of_all

the_king_of_all LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I feel sorry for the people that were effected by this.. and those hurt.. but.. about what Mark was saying about music and games being blamed for this? well. i will quote DIRECTLY from the news just now, talking about one of the gunman and how he had a profile on VF. '..He has this picture of him with a gun, with a clear caption, 'I think i have an obsession with guns'. He also seemed to have a great interest in heavy metal music.' So? what does that have to do with anything? Gah. I hate the media. Blame it because it's different. If they could find a song with the words 'Get guns and go and kill people in your school' i would pay them every penny i earned until i died. Again, i feel sorry for those affected, i know how much of a hell it would be if it happened at my college..

The_Rising_Tied

Like u have no idea...everyone here is feels like shit. Youre not supposed 2 go 2 school worrying about ur life, its supposed 2 be a good place, and the girl that died that was 20 graduated from the same high school as me, i knew of her, but i didnt kno her personally! it fuckin sucks that u die at 20 in something that u had nothing to do with! this world makes me sick sometimes. Everything always goes 2 shit

Jon[athan]

Jon[athan] Sincerly, written from my brothers blood machine.

That is so true. I would put money on a bet saying that within a few more weeks, the media will have totally blamed this on a negative effect metal, and video games had on the shooters.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I've been reading up on the net concerning this incident, and I'm, well shocked. I can't believe this had happened, and in Canada too! Well, I'm getting pretty paranoid now, my former friend ' D-Pak ' hes indian, has an AK-47, a rifle locked up in his closet complete with ammunition, now I'm pretty sure he wouldn't come out and shoot us all to death, but if he ever become very lonely...then I have no idea. His house is right across the street from my school, Windermere Secondary.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060914/gill_profile_060914/20060914?hub=Canada Heres a link holding more info regarding this incident.

Furthermore, I would like to say that, advertisement companies should start advertising more on an effective level, by posting it everywhere and make their advertisements a highly common sight to us all. The advertisements should remind us of these tragedies, and several others from the past, that way it would keep us all ALERT, and AWARE of the people close to us, as well as our distant acquintances.