Monogamy/Polygamy

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Mechanical Christ, Jun 16, 2005.

Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

For me recently, it has come to light, the debate on whether polygamy is wrong, and if monogamy should be the way.

Personally, the main thing would be; If you love more than one person, is it considered as true love? I'd like to hear your views on this topic.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I think polygamy is wrong, but I also think its wrong for the government to step in and prosecute and imprison those who are polygamists. If someone has more than 1 spouse, thats a private, personal matter that the government should not be involved in.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Personally, I'm sort of neutral on the subject, even though monogamy is how we have to live. But here's how I view it.

The thing is, polygamy might not be bad, but it can end up turning bad due to jealousies and this and that. You might have more than one wife and one of your wives will be jealous of the other and it could lead into a whole chaotic conflict. It just seems that polygamy seems to much of a corrupt devosion.

As for monogamy, I mean, it's much easier than marrying more than one person. But from a polygamists point of view (?), isn't it possible to just not be in love with the person you're married to? Won't you just divorce them? So instead of marrying one person you marry some more just in case one ends their relationship with you?

But as for the true love concept, I'm not sure if polygamy is true love. To devote yourself to more than one person is pretty damn hard especially if it's a marriage committment. Monogamy shows true love because you are completely devoted to one person. And that shows that you love him/her with all of your heart.

But the thing is, if you believe in polygamy, by all means do so. If you believe in monogamy, you may do so as well. I just have to live with monogamy (even though I never planned on marrying more than one woman).

Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm pretty neutral on this aswell.

If someone wants more then 1 person, so be it. It's not your life now is it.

I don't think you can say polygamy is true love or not. You can't decide for someone else if they truly love someone or not, right?

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

I guess I agree with Todd. The thing is though, if polygamy were to become legal, I think it would have to be done in a way so that someone couldn't have another spouse behind their current spouse's back, if that sentance makes any sense. Having two spouses who weren't aware of each other is just legal cheating, as far as I'm concerned.

But it's not a subject I really care about, honestly. If it stays illegal, whatever, if then they change the law, whatever. I don't care.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

As long as both girls are hot. :lol:

It's a lifestyle and religion thing. If that's what they want to do, that's fine, as long as it's not taking advantage of the other spouse or hurting them in anyway.

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

well i have double standards for myself....i hate it if like there is a guy i really like or 'love' and he wants other girls too.....but i have other guys and he doesnt mind so its weird. but i also believe that if you truly love on person then there is no need for another.

but i totally agree w/ the view that polygamy should be legal becaus it is thier choice...the government has WAY too much control over our lives!

my best friend and her bf and i all talk about having a three way wedding. I love her very much, and Alex isnt a bad guy...seriously, it wouldnt be a really bad situation (not that i would really do that), but id at least like it to be available, ya know? i mean, her and i also always joke about getting married....damn it i wish that was at least legal! *Sigh* stupid government <_<

Link04

Link04 Ambient

When the government can come up with a solid definition and rule book for what "love" is, they can judge polygamists.

Not for me, but if both parties are willing, they can do what makes them happy.