'Minutes To Midnight' Leaks

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

you are so right, i completely agree with every thing you said...

im going to download the album and listen to it for a couple of months but im not buying this...

Last edited: May 6, 2007
  2. GigaScythe

GigaScythe Well-Known Member

If you don't like it, why are you going to listen to it?

In my opinion, if someone downloads an album, they should:

IF THEY LIKE IT: Go and buy it when it's released.

IF THEY DON'T LIKE IT: Delete it immediately. If they don't like it then this shouldn't be a loss to them.

3. DHopper

DHopper Well-Known Member

I think saying this song is too short contradicts heavily with the meaning behind the lyrics. It wouldn't make sense if the song was only three to four minutes. It almost has to be an epic and long, drawn out song.

It talks about how no one cared about the victims of Katrina. The meaning of this song requires a long time frame. A short, three minute song would symbolize exactly what the lyrics are against -- a look the other way reaction.

4. Iain

Iain i am a sloth LPA Super Member

Although i also find Bleed it Out a tad repetitive and simplistic, it's the first one i heard besides Given Up, and i Love it. I also heard In Between, because I was UBER curious as to what Mike sounded like when he sang. I literally almost cried when I heard it.

I personally like In Between the most out of any I've head so far, because it's so different from what they normally do, but it works so well, and you can still tell it's LP. Can't wait for the album to be released, cause I'm buying it. Just thought I'd treat myself to a few songs early.

FYI: I found the songs on Youtube, and seeing as I did, I broke no laws, and as I have not saved any to my computer, I am not breaking any law that I can think of. :D

5. hitamonkey

hitamonkey Member

Lyrics and my views.

I know I could do it myself, but does anybody fancy sending me the song lyrics please? Thanks to anybody who does. :)

[email protected]

As for the album. I don't know what it is with everyone else but I LOVE THIS ALBUM.

For me. It's good. Maybe other people just can't appreciate another style of music.
    Just because it doesn't sound like normal Linkin Park. It's still awesome music. So it shouldn't matter.

Yeah, so, I'm so buying the Special Edition of this. And everything else, (by that i mean the booklet and stuff) when I have more money.

It's great.

At least. That's my opinion. And I hope they continue to experiment with even more styles of music. 'Cos I think it's turned out great for them.

6. Rwey964637

Rwey964637 Active Member

I think its amazing how many more non linkin park fans are liking this album than the LP fans themselves. I've been an Lp fan since HT and I'm still loving this music!

7. chaosblade

chaosblade Well-Known Member

8. Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

I agree.

YES. My thoughts exactly.

I actually disagree... I was actually inspired by some of the political lyrics on this album... just not the musicality of the songs. "No More Sorrow" shifts from the sorrow of "Hands Held High" to anger. "What I've Done" has political inspiration in it too, as evidenced by the video. "TLTGYA" is all about the atrocious effort by the Bush Administration to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

This almost sums up my thoughts on MTM as well.

9. the dark slayer20

the dark slayer20 Member

well remember we'll be banned if we download it

10. arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

this was as big dissapointment as Spiderman 3!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cant believe they both turned EMO, its like a freaking plague...

there's no edge at all, i cant believe i was yawning hearing this horrific boring album...

and im not happy saying this because i love tha band, i wish everything goes well for the guys but im not buying this album...

this isn't even rock anymore its like Maroon 5 mixed with something reaaaaly bad...

and i was one of the people waiting for a change not somethig this bad

good luck anyway...

11. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Emo? :lol:!

Suddenly slow rock songs are emo.

12. Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I don’t know what to take
    Thought I was focused but I’m scared
    I’m not prepared
    I hyper ventilate
    Looking for help somehow somewhere
    And no-one cares
    I’m my own worst enemy

Put me out of my misery
    Put me out of my misery
    Put me out of my
    Put me out of my fucking misery!

I’ve given up
    I’m sick of feeling is there nothing you can say?
    Take this all away
    I’m suffocating
    Tell me what the fuck is wrong with me?

I dreamed I was missing, you were so scared
    But no one would listen, 'cause no one else cared

Forgetting all the hurt inside you’ve learned to hide so well
    Pretending someone else can come and save me from myself

I can’t be who you are

I bleed it out, digging deeper just to throw it away

I’ve opened up these scars

I consider those song lyrics to be the definition of emo. Over dramatic, emotional, cheesy.

There are some more on the album, too.

13. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Oh, come on!

The only set of lyrics I'd even agree with you on are the ones from Given Up, the worst song on the album, the obligatory "must sound like old LP" song.

I mean, in comparison to "Numb" or "Breaking The Habit", or pretty much anything from 'Meteora', these songs are saintly.

The problem with the term emo is that everyone has a different perspective of what it is. I consider it constant whining in the vein of "why me?!".

14. Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I guess I just consider it a heartbroken, no one understands me, everything sucks, I'm alone kind of thing.

15. NoMoreSorrow

NoMoreSorrow Member

I listened to the whole thing, then got rid of it. I need something to look forward to on release date. (It just didn't feel right)

16. DarkEmporessKt

DarkEmporessKt Member

When i first listened to their songs, i hated it,
    but when i listened to it the second time, i loved it. I heard all the sounds, not just the main ones, and its their best album so far.
    Not sure if its my favourite, but its definately their best.
    My favourite is Leave out all the rest. I usually listen to heavier stuff, but this song touches me, and no other linkin park songs done that.
    I love given and no more sorrow though, and i sort of wish more of the album was like that, but then it would become boring.
    They also hyped up the little things you give away too much. Its an alright song, but definately not the best on their album.
    I thought it was going to be slightly heavier, but it definately lived up to my expectations.

17. Detri

Detri Well-Known Member

My Minutes to Midnight review:
    This is Linkin Park's "Vheissu" ... let's just leave it at that. I am VERY honest in my review. I am not the biggest LP fan (I used to be), and I am extremely critical of this band. I know how good they can be, and they've showed drastic improvement over Meteora. Remember, though, there is no perfect album... and Linkin Park will NEVER release one. Do not give it all fives/tens. You know better than that.

Wake - It's quite an atmospheric ear-fuck for me. I really enjoyed this.
    ----8/10----

Given Up - This song isn't my cup of tea. It seems a little too... angry for my taste. It's not very good lyrically, nor does Chester sound that great to me. The clapping during the introduction is the only thing that really stands out. The guitar work is nice, though, I suppose.
    ----4/10----

Leave out all the Rest - Boy band. The chorus redeems it, though... the chorus doesn't fit the rest of the song whatever. It's extremely catchy. It would be best sung by Michelle Branch, though. I love the lyrics. I'm very confused about this track... obviously.
    ----7/10----

Bleed it Out - This is this album's "Faint". I love how it feels like you're at a party while listening to it. Mike is so good on this piece. I love how he kept Fort Minor's rapping style for this album. Dirt dance floor... love that. Chester's part in the Chorus is fairly repetitive but it works in this song.
    ----8/10----

Shadow of The Day - The highlight of the album. It's got a distinctive U2 feel to it. It does sound like something I've heard before (many people have accused this song of "ripping" beats ... but I don't see an exact sound here, it is familiar but not TOO familiar). The first verse leads up extremely well to the chorus. The lyrics are beautiful. The ambient sounds are wonderful. Chester sings incredibly. The drums are well done. I love this song in every way.
    ----10/10----

What I've Done - I didn't really care for this track when I first heard it. It was a bit repetitive and just wasn't my cup of tea. It has, however, grown on me. Chester does a very nice job throughout the song. The extra guitar work by Shinoda truly gives the song a "Thrice" feel, which I can personally say is what I prefer, being a huge Thrice fan.
    ----8/10----

Hands Held High - Fort Minor's influence is mighty here. I personally love this song and have listened to it quite a bit. I adore the "Amen" parts, and lyrically I believe it is one of the stronger tracks on the album. Shinoda, of course, is Shinoda. The song is beautifully done. I love how they have become politically charged. Finally, something besides whiny teen angst. Good job.
    ----9/10----

No More Sorrow - I have mixed feelings about this track. While it opens up beautifully and HARD, the chorus doesn't feel ... right ... to me. Chester doesn't really open his vocal chords on it or something, because it seems he's just squeaking it out. I do enjoy when he really lets loose towards the end of the song, though. FACE IT, HYPOCRITE... I love it. It feels a bit like Figure.09, but a bit better. Lyrically, it is perfect. Buck Fush.
    ----8/10----

Valentines Day - The most emotional track on the album. Emotionally charged track from Linkin Park? Not just a pop-rock anthem? Thank god. It's slow paced, much like My December, and then it explodes a bit for the chorus. The chorus is nice that it actually bridges well from the verses... Lyrically I absolutely love this track. Musically it is fairly basic but every instrument is played flawlessly and in a way I can truly enjoy. I am a big fan of this track.
    ----8/10----

In Between - Mid-90's Alt-Rock. Shinoda has a very nice voice and should really be utilized more in this group. I actually prefer his singing to his rapping (and he's an amazing rapper...) I love this song. It feels like... Mae? Or something. I am a 90's boy, so I am a sucker for everything in this song. Only quarrel is... where is the chorus? It'd have been better if Mike were to really unload on this song and sing a chorus. I really want to see him do it.
    ----9/10----

In Pieces - The song that strays the farthest from having the "Linkin Park" sound. It is indistinguishable. I can't say it sounds like anyone. 311/Sublime/random ska band backing with Chester's vocals. It's probably my second favorite track on this album. Finally, they did something completely out of the ordinary for them. I really think they should go more towards this direction. The solo... oh man the solo... it's nice. It might be a little out of place on this song, or it might not... I haven't decided that yet... but it's quite nice and shows that they can do more than just power chords, WHOA!
    ----9/10----

The Little Things that Give You Away - Radiohead. It sounds like Radiohead. I love Radiohead. I can't say much about this song, besides that... it's pretty much amazing. The drumming is very nice and the guitars feel like an Explosions in the Sky song, which I can say I ADORE. Lyrically it's beautiful. They really show their talent here. If you can figure out the lyrics, you understand why they're so good.
    ----9/10----

OVERALL: 9/10

I am giving this a 9/10 despite my recent bashing of the band. They've reformed and are now not teh suck, but teh rock once again. Thanks Linkin Park, for not bringing a disappointing album. To all of you who hate this album for being too soft: Men with testes can stomach it.

18. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

From now on I think it would probably be best to post all personal reviews in the review thread I made in the MTM forum. :)

19. lpassailant

lpassailant Well-Known Member

What the hell does it matter to you... what someone else chooses to do with an album, whether they delete it or not?

I watch TV shows I don't like for a few reasons.. maybe I'm trying to get into the show... maybe I wan't some dirt to back up my claims that the show is a piece of crap...

20. belovedpaine

belovedpaine Member

Okay, I'm sorry, but since when does expressing one's feelings through lyrics make one emo? If you're not feeling particularly happy or chummy and write a song with a few lines of "put me out of my misery" or what have you, does that mean, "oh you're so emo now!" I really don't think so.

Soft, slow and moody songs the new LP songs may be, but emo...I really beg to differ.

I HATE this whole emo thing, bands these days can't make decent emotional music without being labeled emo and to me it's just derrogative the way most people label them as such. If they were truly making emo music, it'd be like okay whatever. But my goodness, emotion in songs does not equal emo. Sadness in songs does not equal emo. I mean, more than half of the bands that are even labeled emo aren't even emo(in terms of music, not style). And even if it was emo, so what? So what. You can dislike it all you want, that's perfectly fine and understandable, but don't hate it just because you think it's emo. I think people should love music regardless of genre and hate it because they don't prefer it, not because it's of a particular genre or been labeled as "emo" or whatever. I think to truly appreciate music you have to get past the labels and genres and like it for what it is, good music.

P.S. This isn't meant to sound mean or anything, I just slightly miffed, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.