Writing: Minus's Short Story Thread.

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Minus, Nov 19, 2014.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Figured I might as well make one of these too.

The majority of these are from the subreddit /r/writingprompts, but I've been archiving them at /r/minusxero. If you don't know how /r/writingprompts works, it's fairly simple. Someone will post a random premise for a story. They may vary from realistic to ridiculous. Anyone may jump on a prompt and contribute a story. These are the stories I've accumulated since joining that community.

I'll be linking the original posts here rather than the archived posts.

A Superhero is married to his/her arch-nemesis; both being aware and content with the situation while still going about their day-to-day hero and villain escapades.

Anything, but the story must take place in one space (room, kitchen, etc.), include no more than 5 characters, and be based on human emotion.

No matter the establishment, no matter the outfit, wherever s/he went everyone around would mistake him/her for an employee.

Seven days ago, all international governments announced that in 24 hours humanity would be wiped out by a catastrophic & unavoidable event. They miscalculated. Humanity now has to live with the consequences of a day spent without a 'tomorrow'. (Warning, 9 parts in total!)

History always repeats itself. Write about a historical event that is repeated in the future.

In place of activities, you can now purchase an injection that simulates the feeling and emotion felt during said activity (with more expensive "activities" having a better high and lasting longer). You're addicted.

George W. Bush, in the days after 9/11, fakes his death in order to personally hunt down the attackers in secret, much to his father and President Cheney's chagrin.

A group of thugs try to rob the marriage between a high profile superhero and super villain (both in their civilian identity).

All actors who have played super-heros' in movies suddenly, inexplicably gain the abilities and costume of that character.

Everyone's flaws are listed in a translucent white box above their heads. One day, you meet a man whose 'box' is empty. (5 parts in total)

Ongoing: During an excavation a strange crystal is dug up, magic suddenly floods back into the world. (in progress due to major writing block, currently 6 parts)

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Thanks! I was extremely proud of it and was disappointed it didn't get a great response (mostly because people downvoted the prompt, not that they didn't read the story).

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I visit /r/writingprompts occasionally.

I will read these.

Thanks. :)

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member