Mike Shinoda talks to The Huffington Post about Music For Relief and Linkin Park

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Jul 30, 2013.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Mike talks too much anyway.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm not sure why people keep thinking we're going to get an announcement for a soundtrack to a movie that hasn't even been promoted, given a release date or even an early trailer yet. The last information we even had on the film was an ambiguous Instagram photo from Joe showing a scene from the film and past that we've heard absolutely nothing else. We don't even know if the film will get a worldwide theater release (like man of steel, pacific rim etc) or just be in select theaters in the United States. The band hasn't really mentioned it much in interviews, and anytime they DO mention new music it's typically for album #6 and not the soundtrack.

Literally the most solid news we've had about this is a translated French article that stated (with no official press release from the band) that the mall soundtrack is going to be released on Warner and that the band is making music for it.

When fans ask the band about it they get the word equivalent of a shrug. Mike said that we'll get glimpses of new music in future LPTVs and since then people have been overspeculating and assuming too much from the smallest announcements.

Will we get new music in future LPTVs? Yes. Could we see one of them as early as next month? Always possible. Is the "big thing coming up next month" new music? That'd be amazing, and I'd be happy, but I think we should wait for just a little more information before jumping to conclusions and setting ourselves up for disappointment.

I just don't want it to turn out to be something completely different than you guys are predicting and then the band gets shit when they didn't promise anything like that in the first place.

So let's hope it's new music. But let's also be careful here and not set ourselves up for a fall if it turns out to be nothing of the sort.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Well said, Derek! Whatever news they put out should be awesome none-the-less. Even if it's shoes. :shifty:

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

The sig is incredible! :awesome: :rofl:

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Thank you! :awesome:

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

It's been a bit over a year from LT and I can't believe how anxious we are for new album news :lol:.

WE'RE DESPERATE :samuel:

AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

Hopefully new music. :)

Filip

^Don't get your hopes up.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

^ Why....NOT?!? *pouts*

Filip

Well, we should follow LP on social networks in the next few months.

- ''What can you tell me about the new Linkin Park album? Will singer Chester Bennington be a part of it?''

- ''There's not much I can say, at this point, but Chester has not left our band. He's just doing Stone Temple Pilots when he's got days off and it's not a big deal as far as scheduling goes. We're very supportive of him and he's doing great with them and they're having fun playing.

As far as we're concerned, we're going to have some interesting stuff going on in the future. I would say there are some surprises lined up in the coming months and I can't tell anybody about them, but you're definitely going to want to watch Linkin Park, be it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube, wherever you're connected and want to stay in touch with the band. There'll definitely be some cool stuff happening in the coming months.''

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Ok consider me intrigued now. Before I felt it was dangerous to speculate, now I think we may be in for a special treat by the fall. Very interesting.