Mike Gives Details Regarding ATS & Album Length

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I get how New Divide is basically What I've Done and how people give them crap about it. But I have to defend Linkin Park on this one. They were in the middle of making a new album and they had to make a new song fast that was still good. It makes sense to me that they decided on using their old structures and adding in some of the new LP (bridge) to make a good song that would give fans something new music wise. The thing is it still turned out to be a great song and i really like it. And I can't give them crap for that.

2. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Best post I've read on LPA, Derek. I honestly didn't know fans were disappointed with Meteora, I wasn't a huge fan yet.

3. SabiLP

SabiLP Well-Known Member

definitely! What I'm expecting from artists is to make good music mixing different styles, changing from album to album, and that's what LP do :) I can't wait to hear ATS, it's going to be legen- wait for it - dary!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  4. luisjs

luisjs Active Member

Same way for me, I liked them before, although I only became a huge fan when I heard Breaking The Habit. :p

45-50 minutes is not short for an album, I still don't know what to expect from all of this.

5. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Everyone loved it when it first came out. We were psyched and basically called LP the best band ever. Then as months progressed, we realized just how much of a clone it was of Hybrid Theory and some fans even lost interest in the band as a result. Minutes To Midnight did bring back some fans, but since MTM was devoid of much rap, it also lost the band some fans as well.

Which is why no matter what the band does they unfortunately can't please everyone.

6. Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

I bet we get it hours before the trailer debuts, and not any earlier than that.

7. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

But Derek im pretty sure that mike meent that it would be around 50 minutes if you get the best buy version, and if you get the normal version it will be around 45
    Anyway no matter what, it's there longest album

8. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I defended it too in the second half of my post. I basically said the same thing :lol:.

For Meteora, I know that it's a HT duplicate but I personally don't care as much. Maybe it's because I'm still younger than a lot of people here. I like to think of HT being 24 songs of awesomeness. But I do NOT want part 3. I loved M2M and I love where ATS is going. Bring on The Catalyst!

9. Derek

I like Meteora too, but I felt MTM to be a marked improvement, and I'm confident in ATS's ability to blow our minds.

10. Linkin_way

Linkin_way LPA VIP LPA VIP

I already pre ordered the album. i'm downloading a ZIP folder they sent it to me, probably the album ?

11. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Listening to Meteora now, it makes me wonder why they even made that album. I like it too, but man, Somewhere I Belong is seriously the worst song they've ever recorded.

12. Derek

Blame Don Gilmore. He took a song that was decent musically, and made them rewrite it lyrically 97 times. He took any originality out of the lyrics, and all for some dumb kid in Cleveland.

13. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Megadeth have experimented, albeit briefly.

Honestly I can't imagine listening to the same album over and over for years on end, let alone writing the same one over and over again.

Megadeth & Slayer along with Metallica & Anthrax are the pioneers of Thrash Metal, they created that genre.
    Now I'm not sure if by "genre-breaker" you're referring more to evolution over time, if so sorry. I just thought I point that out.

And I agree with pretty much everything you said in the res of that post.

I also loved Meteora when it came out. At that time though LP was pretty much the only band I was into (I was heavy into soccer & art), I had been getting to know Metallica for a few months prior and would come into contact with Tool just a few months later. As my interest in music strenghtened and my tastes broadened I like Meteora less and less for seeing other bands experiment with styles, structures & lyrical content. I stayed with LP though & MTM proved to me with that they could do more than one thing well.

14. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

You wish lol. Probably the first single they said they'd send, pre-release. Let us know.

Speaking of Meteora, you remember that piano driven song Rob was drumming to in the making of dvd? God, that was eargasmic!

15. Linkin_way

Linkin_way LPA VIP LPA VIP

Somwehre i belong is an amazing song dude !
    and i KINDA blame Don Gilmore only on 2 songs (Faint & Figure 09)
    :)

16. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

God I've always wanted to hear an instrumental of that song. I don't even care about the vocals

17. Derek

18. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Musically, it's interesting, but it's obvious they were trying to re-create an In the End. LP aren't really known for the lyrics on any of their songs, but Somewhere I Belong is about as bad as it gets, lyrically. Heal/Feel/Real? Really?

....really?

19. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Sometimes it's not always about the lyrics. SIB can be a very beautiful song emotionally when the mood is right. It's ok for the Lyrics to be simple...they're straight to the point and personally I don't mind.

20. Derek

I wanna heal, I wanna feel, I want to write an ode to [​IMG]...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.