Meteora: More Then Just an Enhanced CD

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This is quoted from a press release regarding Linkin Park's new album.

"When Linkin Park fans go out on March 25th to buy their new CD "Meteora," they can expect to get much more than just a CD. Inspired by the artistic vision of Linkin Park, the enhanced digipak CD is loaded with a 40-page booklet filled with exclusive band commentary on every song and never before seen photos.
    The enhanced CD contains:

-- "The Art of Meteora," a 17-minute film exploring the artistic creation of the album cover.
    -- A Website Toolkit which allows fans to create their very own website with special elements from the packaging.
    -- Access to online media content giving fans an exclusive future glimpse at upcoming LPTV episodes.
    -- The video for the first single, "Somewhere I Belong" and a link to view the video online.

In addition, there will be a Special Limited Edition "Meteora" CD/DVD combo package that includes all of the enhanced CD features above, plus: "The Making of Meteora," a 34-minute DVD featuring behind-the-scenes footage of the band in the studio, and a collector's slipcase.
    Mike Shinoda adds, "The visual representation of our band is a very important part of what we do, so we are happy to announce that we are including a 40-page booklet of art with every album. We hope it's a nice way to say, 'Thank you,' to our fans.
    "Meteora," Linkin Park's highly anticipated new album is due in stores March 25th. The first single, "Somewhere I Belong" was released to rock radio this week and is already Number 1 on the Modern Rock charts. On Tuesday, March 4th, MTV will air the making of the video for "Somewhere I Belong" as well as premiere it."

Looks like the fans will have a lot to look forward to on the 25th!

[LP]meteora[0303]

[LP]meteora[0303] Member

just can't wait!!! :D

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Hey yo, I know that alot of people ahve been questioning what the actual Meteora cover is lately. Obviously all we know is its the ones that were put on that German Warner brother site. But from this post is says that there is a 17 minute film exploring the artistic creation of the album cover. Just by them saying that the "artistic creation" wouldn't you think the cover would be more artsy. What the cover is now seems just like more of a picture and not really art. I mean just a thought, tell me what you think.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

i agree. the one we see it's the german 'version'. i bet theres gonna be something even kooler.

i am really buying the album the first day it comes out, no matter wat it takes.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Unless Linkin Park are trying to be very original, there is not 2 different covers. The only difference in international CD's is sometimes they come with more songs.

So unless LinkinPark.com would say the one you see of the guy with a paint mask on, and spray painting on the floor is not the official cover, take it as the official one.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

Some of you guys care more about the art more than the songs.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I can't wait to own this cd! :)

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

Looks like I'm going to have to preorder this, I don't want to miss out on all of these goodies.

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

its more than just an enhanced cd your right its METEORA!

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

its not fair! my friend is preordering it :( i want to as well!! im gonna have that day off school so i dont miss out on all the good stuff!!!

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

I still think we will be in for a surprise when the CD is released. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Trine

Trine Member

Bryan

Bryan Guest

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Are they shying away from the soldier with butterfly wings or something? 'Cause now it's all these kids in gas masks and ####...

Is the new logo kids in gas masks?

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

2CDs? is this true?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.