Meteora Dissection

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Will, Dec 15, 2003.

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

will, i agree with most thing you said there, man you hit right on, it bothered me a whole heck of alot when they turrned down the orchistra and then, using the same song pattern!!!! two things they need to change for the next one, listen to "Bitter Sweet Symphony" by the verb, and thats what a rokc song with a orchistra should sound like! lp screwed it up, or don gilmore

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

hmm, nice! it could be right, i mean musically it's just an advanced Db5 with the Gb and Hb fret, but it's not even more complicated to play.

in addition: if so, it's not brad's part, mike plays the rhythm. ;)

slammer800

slammer800 Banned

Great review. The thing with Linkin Park is that is almost every song they do or in every song they do, they have an intro and a song that sounds the same from the rest of the songs on that cd. In a few of the songs you can really here the guitar and in some you cant. The cd with the most guitar sound is in Hybrid Theory, Meteora doesnt have quite as much bass to it becuase when LP released Hybrid Theory, at the time they had been a heavy metal band and now they are just an alternative rock band that makes good music and makes there fans want to listen to it. The songs with the most bass I think is-"One step Closer","Hit The Floor", maybe "Faint" and a few others in Hybrid Theory.

I just hope that the band comes out with a cd that has some MORE NEW songs to show the world becuase they have 3 cds with the same songs, "Hybrid Theory", "Reanimation", and "Live in Texas". LP is kewl!

LiveInCalifornia

LiveInCalifornia Member

I think Meteora is a great album. One of my favorite albums of all time, if not my favorite. But no album is perfect and either is Meteora. The biggest flaw with Meteora are the lyrics. They are simple and repeated throughout the album. Some lyrics are still very good like BTH and Figure.09

As its been said many times, a band has there entire life to craft their debut album, but only ~ three years to right the next. I think this defienetly happened on Meteora where the song sounded great but it was hard to find the perfect lyrics to go along with it. A lot of you seem to blame this on Don Gilmore. Did you forget that he also produced Hybrid Theory? They probably did little different in the studio, and I dont think Don became a crazy over-demanding-force song rewrite crazy type of a guy in a couple of years.

Im a huge fan of Linkin Park and I can't wait for their next album. For the next album I thing they need to:
    Lenghten the songs and change up the structute
    Concentrate on writing great lyrics, no matter now long it takes them
    Make it more then 12 (I know meteora was 13 but foreword doesnt really count) songs
    Do another all rap song with a new type of rare sample and much better lyrics

Jamie

Jamie Super Member LPA Super Member

Instruments

I think that they need to explore more with instuments and lyrics. They should write a new album that uses more chords that the boring power-chords. I know all the songs on guitar for LP, too easy. More complex chords and riffs would make me sit for hours to learn it. Maybe, dare I say it, they need a new guitarist and maybe add a solo or two in it to create something new. Maybe that way they can breathe life into the dying rap-rock genre.

Lyrics

Lyrically they deffinantly need to stop using the same pattern. It gets very boring, maybe they should try, intro, verse, verse, chorus, bridge, verse, solo, outro? That would deffinantly sound more interesting than the organization they use now.

Volume

Whats the point in having all the other things in, such as the orchastra when you can't hear the damn thing? There is just no point. I don't play bass, so I sure as hell can't hear Pheonix. Turn up the damn volume on his bass!

Production

They need to lose Don Gilmore, he hasn't got a clue about rap. We would deffinantly have way better rap lyrics from Mike. Self-produce the album if they have to. As long as that monkey doesn't have anything to do with it. There sound is way to clean and polished. They need to toughen it up a bit, open a new harder and heavier world to all 'metallers'.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

That's more for the guitar than it is for the lyrics. A lot of people blame Rob because the drums follow the same pattern aswell - but if the guitar and samples are verse-chorus-verse then they have no other choice really.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Remember when I posted this awhile ago? I did a diagram.. I can't find it though. But in a sense, Meteora lacked originalness unlike HT

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

I agree with just about everything he said.

I think that LP really needs to touch on different subjects other than Pain and stuff like they've focused on before, because like it has been previously stated, the lyrics are getting a little repetitive(sp?). I like Meteora because they did experiment with different things, but I do think that if they could really reinvent and build on what they have already did then it would make a big difference.

*Hopes she made sense*