Maybe condense the forum home page?

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by Benjamin, Oct 23, 2010.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Maybe it's not a big deal, but it seems as though you could make http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/forum.php a lot smaller. Lately, there seems to be a lot of people posting stuff in the general "Linkin Park" forum that should really go under the "Writer's Block" or "Artist's Studio" forums. The problem is that those two forums are way the heck at the bottom of the page. Hence, they may not be noticed. Also at the bottom of the page is this forum along with the "Announcement" forum. Maybe we could condense the page a little? Rather than each forum having its own long bar, you could make them box shaped or something. Therefore the page would get a lot smaller and people wouldn't have to scroll down to see all of the forums. Maybe it wouldn't look like a typical forum, but I think it'd look sharp.

Just something I thought of, feel free to reject it :lol:.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I honestly think that people should be smart enough to scroll down the page.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

He wasn't implying that people aren't smart enough. That's a really backhanded comment.

Ben: I'm trying to think of how it would work. I don't think it'd be a bad idea, but I think this request is better handled by an administrator. Hopefully one of them will see this soon.

Benjamin

(Below Shoutbox)
    Linkin Park Chat
    News_____________ General______________Albums_______________Side Projects______________On the Road______________Bootlegs

That would be the first row of "boxes." The other info (such as "Last Post") can go under each title. You could still make them fairly large (a tall, somewhat skinny rectangle) so I don't think cramming would be an issue. The problem would be handling the rest of the forums, since there's 11 more of them. So maybe the rest of the forum page could keep its traditional look. Or maybe the page is large enough for a row of 11. If this is way too much to ask for then sorry :lol:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

That would take a whole lot of re-writing of the forum's code, even if it's possible to do.

I also don't think it would look very visually pleasing.

When threads are posted in the wrong place we usually move them to the appropriate area. If we miss it, you can always alert us by reporting thread.

I do agree we may have a few too many forums. The Live forums are almost dead so we have to do something with that or just broaden the description for Linkin Park Chat, Newbie Camp could probably be put under "LPAssociation", we could probably condense Writer's Cove and Artist's Gallery into some sort of "Creative Corner" forum, and Nuclear Test Facility could be dropped altogether. I think that would achieve your wishes without having to re-write code, potentially making the forums look boxy and gaudy.

Benjamin

That sounds great. Yeah, it doesn't matter how it's exactly done. Changing a few forums into sub forums or flat out getting rid of some of them would be ideal. I think the "Live bootlegs" forum could be dropped as well. And maybe changing the name from "On the Road" to "Linkin Park Live" would help the activity in that forum. People could have their live bootleg requests in the "live" forum.

Anyways thanks for the feedback!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Hahaha, we won't be doing that. ;) But good idea aside from the name change suggestion! :p

Benjamin

:FUUUUUU:

Haha whatever. Thanks :lol: