Mark Hoppus' New Band Nothing and Nobody- Debut LP (2015)

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Blake, Jan 18, 2015.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Nothing and Nobody is an American rock band formed in 2014. The band consists of bassist and vocalist Mark Hoppus, collaborator/producer Chris Holmes and drummer Sarah Jones.

Album is expected to be released sometime this year.

Anyone excited for this project? I think this project could be very, very good. However, I wasn't a fan of +44, so it could be a miss.

Im just curious to see how it is going to sound.

Sarah Jones isn't that bad looking either if you know what I mean:

tumblr_lnroboO7uM1qipg84o1_500.jpg

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

First I'm hearing of this... and I'm excited! I actually liked +44. Some pretty dark lyrics. :)

Blake

One thing I forgot to add is I think Mark has been getting better over the years, as my favorite work of his comes from Neighborhoods.

Ive always preferred Tom, however, so I hope my dislike for +44 wasn't the potentially because it was an album full of only Mark. I think this project I should like way more however.
    Apparently it was announced in 2013, but I just learned about it this week :D

So you are not alone in that.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I liked +44. Out of the two post-Blink bands after the S/T, +44 came out on top. It's not secret how much I don't care about Angels and Airwaves. I also prefer Mark's voice over Tom's.

So yes, I'm excited for this.

raptors661

raptors661 Active Member

I wish we had a few more +44 albums. When Your Heart Stops Beating is one of my favorite Blink related music. There's some really moody music on that album, especially in the last half. At least there's about an album's worth of B-sides to find.

Blake

Seems like I'm on the opposite end of things, which I'm not surprised by. +44 only had 3 good songs in my honest opinion. However, I feel this project should be much better.