Making a Website... Need Help

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by TheVoodoo, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    TheVoodoo

TheVoodoo Well-Known Member

I need someone to make a website for me. I have the webspace and a .com address. I just want to totally revamp my site. I would like someone who knows what they're doing to do it. I would pay you and it wouldnt be hard because I know how I want it to look. You can message me on here or email me at [email protected].

My name is Lawrence if you want you can just reply on this thread.
    Also the website is for an artist/painter friend of mine.
    Thanks

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

i havnt got a clue how to go about making a site sorry man

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

So you replied... why exactly?

JJ

just letting him you know?

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

or, as us coders like to say:
    postcount++; :D

If you have a layout in mind already, and you can provide me with a mockup of what you want, I can possibly code you a website. :)

JJ

this is now the sixth post in the thread and no one has helped the guy!

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

You don't read posts well enough. You obviously just read my humor first, then just ignored the rest of my post which offered him help. ;)

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

For fuck sake. All JJ did was say that he didn't know anything about designing websites & couldn't help the guy out, and he's getting a ton of shit for it? How can anyone accuse him of getting his post count up when you Tomi are one of the leading members who posts in Random Thoughts? Think about it. If I made a thread like this, I'd rather have people reply saying that they can't help me out rather than not getting any replies at all. Shit like this is just unnecessary, & it's just uncalled for half of the time.

Just think about yourself before you accuse people of running "postcount++".

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Whoa. Slow down. I wasn't yelling at him for anything, I mean, is humor now unacceptable in this forum now? Maybe I should just stop checking this forum now and stop giving my support if I'm treated like this for having a fucking sense of humor, even if it is odd at times. Really, this is a fucking forum, you cannot take anything or anyone seriously here. Okay, I did make that postcount++; comment at him, yeah, so? What are you going to do, come here and beat the shit out of me?

Also, I see that I am the only one who's made an offer to help the guy. I don't see anyother posts yet offering help. All I see is a post from JJ saying he can't help, mmkay. Amanda flaming JJ for doing so [you should be yelling at her, not me. but I doubt that'll ever happen.], a post by me, poking fun at JJ (imo) and offering help, and then JJ spamming saying that there's 6 posts, and no offers for help [in my opinion, this was unnessecary, but I didn't directly flame him, instead I pointed out that I offered help], and then I see you (Joe) flaming me, and not offering help.

As I see it, your post was a direct flame at me. There is no hint of "I'm sorry, I can't help you, TheVoodoo" in it at all. All I see is flame flame flame flame. Yes, I am one of the leading members who post in RT, your point? That is a desiginated place to post freely. Do you see any of my posts randomly in places where I say "I'm sorry, I can't help you"? I've posted that maybe once or twice in this forum (TT), but if I did, I usually said something else along with that, that had something to do with the ongoing discussion.

The attitude of the LPA members has been going downhill lately. I'm just about ready to pack up and leave. I don't want to do it, but if I'm getting this attitude, I will leave, and I don't give a flying fuck what anyone else says.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

int x = 0;
    int postcount = 0;
    while(x<1)
    {postcount++;}

Infinite Loop =]

On-topic, I'm very limited when it comes to web design (HTML, CSS, some basic Flash, Photoshop, etc.) but I'll offer to help.

But with tomi around, I don't need to do that anyways.

Tomi

Tomi &nbsp; LPA Addict

:lol: :lol: At least someone gets my humor. ^_^

I might or might not be able to do it depending on how simple/advanced the design is. I have a mild knowledge of css/xhtml, so I should be able to do it. :) Although, my exams are soon, so it can't happen until next month.

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

I don't care what you people say. This was too good to pass up.

[​IMG]

Voodoo, I'd be willing to do graphics if you need help. Although after that thing, I doubt you'll want me too. I don't know too much as far as coding.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2006
    Amanda

I like how you made me the ugly chick. BUT I LAUGHED ALL THE SAME.

Branden

At least you were a chick. Be grateful.

Tomi

Tomi &nbsp; LPA Addict

Please don't tell me that you wanted to be one of the guys? =\

We should stay on topic, Joe might jump down my throat again. ;)

Amanda

True dat.

Joe

Tomi. Sense of humor? You basically accused the guy of replying to get his post count up, joke or not, you still did it. It's just uncalled for. Okay, JJ replied saying he's unsure about website design & couldn't help out. So fucking what? I respect a post like that more than a reply to the "Word Association Game" any day. Yes, okay, JJ's comment can be perceived as pointless, but why do we need three more comments saying how pointless it is after that? There's no need, leave it, if it's so pointless I'm sure an admin will say something.

My post wasn't a direct flame at you Tomi, my post was in reference to every other thread like this where there's confrontation for no plausible reason what so ever. The only time I was referring to you in that post was when I mentioned your name & poscount++;...

Other than those two sentences I was generalizing (and yes that does include Amanda ;)).

Tomi, you're right, Amanda did start it & I'm aiming everything I'm saying at her just as much as anybody else, Yeah we're friends, but we can't agree all the time. It's not Amanda's post that pissed me off though, it's the replies after that. The unnecessary jokes and laughing, it just felt like you were picking on him & I can't stand that.

I'm sorry if you took my post as a blatant flame towards you, it wasn't. I didn't flame you once, I didn't call you any names. Yes, I was pissed off, but more so at the subject rather than at you or Amanda or anyone else for that matter. I just can't stand this uncalled for confrontation, there's no need for it & it's never really important. Yes, you can call me a hypocrite because I didn't offer help or whatever, but I couldn't just sit by and watch JJ get picked on over something so unimportant, even if it was your twisted humor.

Anyway, Branden is right, we need to stop this fucking arguing and start singing camp fire songs... even if I am drunk.

Branden

Good God.
    Well, I tried to relieve the situation.

Remember me for that.
    Especially when LPA voting comes around.
    [​IMG]

Tomi

Tomi &nbsp; LPA Addict

Firstly, let me refer you to the report feature. [​IMG] When you feel something is wrong, don't make a post about it, causing this situation to happen, instead, let a staff member know using it.

Secoundly, your post did feel like it was directed at me, as I only saw mention of my name, so I assumed it was to me. Sorry for that misunderstanding.

And lastly, I really don't feel like arguing with you, as I think you're a cool guy and all, so I really don't want to stir up any shit with you, so I'd like to drop this.

Joe

Okay, but just so you know, I normally would use the report feature, but I wanted everybody to know how I felt about this kind of shit, because it seems to happen more frequently than it should around here, as I'm sure, you & I both know.

I don't want to argue either, this shit has been taken too far. I just don't like seeing pointless confrontations (like this one) over shit that's not important. So yeah, let's just drop it & start making bumper stickers for Branden's campaign.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.