Major iPod Problem, your help needed

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by D_A_V_I_D, Jul 7, 2005.

D_A_V_I_D

D_A_V_I_D Pure Pwnage

Ok, to cut a long story short i need to reformat my ipod, can i do this by just clicking properties and formatting it as FAT32. Or is there some other way, i really need help on this.

EDIT: Ok, i can't format it using windows the way i just said, is there a way to format the ipod without using the restore thing (cuase it's not working)

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

sorry i cant help - i use a creative zen micro. :mellow:

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

D_A_V_I_D

D_A_V_I_D Pure Pwnage

See, this is my problem, there seems to be no way to reformat it without using the updater thing.

There is one other way, when you first install the ipod, it wants to format, when this happened the first time, it said that your ipod needed to be formatted then it was all good, then the exact same thing happened again, but now, when i try to reinstall it says, your ipod does not need to be formatted. So any way to give the reinstall a reason to format my ipod would help aswell.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

D_A_V_I_D

D_A_V_I_D Pure Pwnage

i found out what was wrong after much searching. When i plugged in my ipod and tried to use the restore on the updater it came up with an error. So i figured there was eithere
    a. an error in the updater
    b. a corruption in the ipod not allowing it to be restored.

So after much reinstalling and searching for alternate was of formatting i finally found out that the error was due to a corruption in itunes (i still don't get how that works, i mean the program wasn't even running), so after uninstalling and re'installing itunes everything wored.

Then i still got errors with itunes. other errors that really annyoed me. i now use another program, anapod, way better, i love it. Thanks for all you help.