Magic: The Gathering

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Kate, Oct 5, 2004.

Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

I recently got into this game. (College has turned me into an uber-geek. Yay!) I play with a red/green "Sly" deck. Feel free to discuss.

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

In the UK this game isn't that popular but I have about 20decks and 1000 extra unused cards.
    I finally got a few people into playing Magic a few years ago and at one point it turned into a craze (thanks to me).
    But I hardly play it anymore, but I kept all my cards.

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

About 8 years ago or so I was introduced to Magic, maybe two or three years later I was big into it. I got in right before Urza's Saga came out. Saga was my favorite set, so I had tons of those cards, lots of tempest and stronghold too. I stopped playing around when Mercadian Masques came out, and didn't get any more cards until Invasion came out. A couple of friends and I bought a booster box and divied cards and played again for maybe 6 months. Haven't played since. Personally I think the new cards suck horribly. They are way too powerful and overwhelm the old cards. I also think that they've removed some of the strategy to the game.

Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

That's kind of puzzling--my deck is an extremely old one, all the cards are from the first three years of the game. Huzzah for older brothers who are willing to lend you a deck indefinitely! It's pretty powerful (either that or I've gotten extremely lucky), although my brother's (even older) black/blue control deck is a force not to be reckoned with.

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

Ah yes, control decks are my favorite :shifty: . There is nothing more satisfying (or annoying if you're on the receiving end) than a blue/??? that conquers all :p

Nikki

Nikki I have no idea what is going on LPA Super Member

I remember I had one blue card that really owned. It was a spell card called 'fowl play' or something. It was an old one, I remember that. It would turn anything into a little 1/1 chicken. It was awesome.

I can't believe I remember this

Kaleb.09

Kaleb.09 Well-Known Member

what is this game anyway , is it like trumps?