LPAssociation Presents "Reliving Things" - A Collaborative Remix Album from the Linkin Park Communit

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 29, 2013.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

So happy to hear that so many of you are enjoying it!

This sort of reception may or may not lead to some more projects in the near future (no promises!).

On a slightly different note, some people may be having issues with their iPods and the songs. Please have a look at the first post if you are one of these people. :)

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

TONY APPRECIATION DAY: JUNE 30, 2013 EVERYDAY.

Downloading now. Looking forward to it.

jFar920

jFar920 Well-Known Member

Really awesome. I've been skipping around and haven't heard them all yet, but I like what I've heard so far. Also, Powerless reminds me of Part of Me more than the original (not a bad thing at all, just something that always comes to my mind when I hear the intro)

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Holy fuck, man, I CANNOT get over that Powerless remix!

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

The existing official remixes of "Burn It Down" were definitely a big part of the context for Lizzi's remix. Her reasoning when she chose to take on that song was, "it has been remixed so many times, why not try to make the best remix?"

There was actually a lot of arguing about this when we were deciding how to sequence the tracks. Within the group, both versions of "Tinfoil" were equally well-liked.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Following in the footsteps of Andreina, thought I'd share a few words about each track.

Tinfoil, Confetti Parade - 4/5, didn't sound like Tinfoil but kicked much more ass.
    Lies Greed Misery, DirtyBlup - 4/5, holy shit, that piano was sweet, worked surprisingly well with those thick, kickass synths.
    Castle of Glass, Xefuzion - 5/5, ... mother of god. THAT. WAS. HUGE. Terrific intro. Terrific track.
    Lost in the Echo, Decay - 3/5, I think being thudded with that huge start threw this one off a bit, but a great track nonetheless.
    Victimized, m_macdonald - 3/5, wasn't terribly a fan of the vox, but the instrumental was in line with all the other kickass ones. Love the bridge.
    Until It Breaks, CĪ”sper White - 3/5, hard to hit harder than the original, but that guitar during Chester's line was fucking awesome. Fucking sick ending too.
    Roads Untraveled, Confetti Parade x Shurpi - 3/5, solid. I liked the beat, and the bridge was awesome.
    In My Remains, Simple Automaton - 3/5, I think we're being invaded by aliens or something. I loved the intro / bridge / ending.
    Skin to Bone, Shurpi - 3/5, made good use of the shallow amount of lyrics available, nice instrumental. Awesome ending.
    Burn It Down, Lizzi Cloverman - 4/5, heard this track remixed countless times, but this one is probably one of the best for sure.
    I'll Be Gone, minuteforce - 5/5, ... fucking hell Tony. Do you never not make something beautiful? Please don't stop. Phenomenal. Ending was particularly amazing.
    Powerless, Glen Orpheus - 3/5, wasn't a fan of the vox but the instrumental was absolutely amazing.

DirtyBlup

DirtyBlup Well-Known Member

Thanks guys :)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
    Adiek84

Adiek84 Well-Known Member

This is such an epic idea! Props to all remixers. I am downloading the album right now :headbang:

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm liking what I'm hearing on the YouTube videos. I'll give the rest a listen tomorrow when I have a bit more sleep.

zwieR.Z.

zwieR.Z. Well-Known Member

Congrats to all the people who were involved in this project! Haven't heard the full record yet but it sounds very good so far. Shame I didn't make into the actual album but maybe next time ;)
    Thanks guys! And yes, there are strings in this track. I think you can hear them a little better in the original mix here:
    [YOUTUBE]1dkljcjC0Bk[/YOUTUBE]

Stino LPLeaks

Stino LPLeaks Well-Known Member

Guys... this is awesome!

Favorites:
    - Lies Greed Misery, DirtyBlup
    - Castle of Glass, Xefuzion
    - I'll Be Gone, minuteforce

Just out of curiosity, what software do you all use to create these remixes?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I use Ableton Live. I'm pretty certain that 99% of the people you will find on LPA use FL Studio, so I guess that makes Patrick, Lizzi, Michael and myself part of the 1%.

DirtyBlup

DirtyBlup Well-Known Member

Thanks man! It's a surprise for me that you guys like it a lot. I Use flstudio 10.
    Can i ask to the staff if it's possible to make the lgm video able for phones? Im on vacation and id like to watch it if it's possible

roBot

roBot Well-Known Member

To all the remixers: thank you for this bundle of pure awesomeness! :D
    to the LPA: thanks for being the platform for this kind of project and for supporting the remix community the way you do!
    btw who did the artwork for the cover and booklet? the style is going along nicely with this project!
    everyone did a great job!

but if I had to choose my favorites:
    - Victimized - Mike you know I love your work and this piece is just an example of what you are capable to do to a song
    - I'll Be Gone - just listen to minutes soundcloud uploads and you will learn that he is the master of atmospheric soundscapes, listening to your remix is like floating with the music... sorry but I don't know how to describe it better^^
    - Powerless - from the beginning it got me with the beat+piano combination and throughout the song there is this unique atmosphere - but I have to say I like the vocal effects in the second half of the song better than in the first half, just because the vocals beautifully sink into the music towards the end

@minuteforce I guess that will make me part of the 1% too :D I skipped FL Studio after playing around with the demo. now I can't imagine not having the workflow possibilities Live offers...

Zak

Nice to hear that you're enjoying it all!

That was I, good sir! I did get help from minuteforce and d3cay for the designs so you can thank them as well!

roBot

roBot Well-Known Member

than kudos for the three of you on making the visual experience as pleasing as the sonical ;)

Zak

Oh and Hybrid also provided some photos that were used in the digital booklet. See if you can find them in here!

Oliver

Oliver Spela Shoreline!

Oh this is so awesome! Great idea, and really well done all of you who contributed! All the remixes feels SO professional, and some of them are just fantastic! Again, great job!

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

needs more Burn It Down remixes :kappa: