LPAssociation.com Thank You Project: A Video Tribute To Linkin Park

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

[youtube]CJ6xvCn85Ew[/youtube]
    (HD viewing recommended)

"Do you feel cold and lost in desperation? You build up hope, but failure's all you've known. Remember all the sadness and frustration, and let it go..."

Many of us can remember how we discovered Linkin Park. To many fans, the initial experience of listening to "Hybrid Theory" from start to finish would prove to be life altering, and would steer many lives in completely unexpected directions. "Hybrid Theory" can fondly be looked back upon as a soundtrack to many of our lives in the early twenty-first century. For some, listening to the album would bring them back from the brink of despair, while others would meet lifelong friends and companions through shared love of the same band and its music.

This video is our way of giving back to the band that has changed our lives in such a positive way, and who have given us the strength to make it through.

Created via the use of over 100 submissions sent over a two week period by fans from over 20 different countries, this video slide-show is a heartfelt look into the impact Linkin Park's music has had on all of our lives.

On behalf of the entire Linkin Park fan community, LPAssociation.com, the LPU, the LPMB and the Linkin Park street team, we would like to express our deepest thanks and gratitude to the band for the life-changing music they have given us, and for their unwavering dedication to their fans.

Here's to another 10 years.

Thanks Mike, Chester, Brad, Rob, Phoenix and Joe!

-LPA Staff (Derek, Joe, Keaton, Todd, Louis, Andrea, Mark and Luke)

Note: Due an overwhelming amount of submissions (100+) and due to time constraints within the video, we unfortunately were not able to include every submission we received within this video. We apologize for any inconvenience from this; however, as a compromise we have uploaded all thank yous to our Gallery for public viewing, so that the band may view them all and read them individually after watching the video. A big thank you goes out to everyone who helped out with this project!

http://www.lpassociation.com/gallery/v/ThankYou/

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

WOO! Thanks to everyone who helped make this possible!

Hope y'all enjoy it. :D

SamohtCela

SamohtCela The Only Thing That's Worse Than One is None

I enjoyed this video very much. It made me shed a tear.

Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

This made my year. Thank you Linkin Park, but I would to thank the LPA community for being the best fan base out there.

OIII nice vidio but wherez ma wretches and kings remix OIIIIIIII

Derek

Way to ruin the emotional impact of the post above by quoting a banned member :lol:.

cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

Really liked it, thanks guys for all the effort put into it. Though I know a few who are casual (very) fans of LP, it makes me want to meet some others, its one thing talking about the band online, but to see I'm not the only one with multiple LP posters in my room creates an instant bond with others.

Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

Haha sorry. Had to do it.

Great job guys. Linkin Park fans are great. This will be on mikeshinoda.com soon.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, it drove me to tears as well. You guys did such a good job! :D

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

If Mike doesn't put this in his blog, I'll burn my ATS CD.

cstebila

I just hope they see it, thats all I want :)

LP4Hope

LP4Hope ROCK & ROLL!

That was the most beautiful thing I have ever watched. Thank You so much LPA staff! And Thank You Linkin Park you've forever changed our lives...I'm so glad I could be apart of this video. I've been brought to tears. :') Rock on LP!

Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

Nickelback fansites can't do this. It's obvious who the rock award goes to.

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Wow, that's great. The funny thing is last year to commemorate the release of their tenth album, I tried to get a similar project off the ground at Dream Theater Forums (DTF.org). It sadly never got past the planning stage.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

That was...beyond boss.

Derek

Thanks so much for the support folks! I think we can all agree that the band deserved a video like this. From the first moment they released Hybrid Theory to the world, to even today...the band has never given up on their respect or their dedication to their fans. They are hands down one of the most down to earth bands I've ever had the pleasure of listening to, and they deserve all the respect, recognition and adulation they deserve. LP if you're reading this, thanks for empowering me enough to create this website which lead to me meeting people who have changed my life and who will always stay in my heart. Through this site I've met the most amazing and incredible woman I've ever known, and developed friendships with staff/members that will last forever.

Thank you. For everything.

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

I'd be lying if I said I didn't tear up a little at this. I love it. Thank you, guys. And thank you, Linkin Park.

cstebila

Yeah I kinda want to turn this thread into a thank you thread. :p :p I don't know if they realize how much they've affected people's lives, in so much as changed them entirely. This great community (and others) wouldn't exist without them.

lpfmfan

lpfmfan On My Own

That was so awesome! Seriously. I teared up too! And I saw so many of my friends! :')

Thanks Linkin Park!

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

They're the only band out there that has a very unique sound and yet it still appeals to a large audience. The talent this band has (primarily Mike, Chester, and maybe Joe) makes it possible for them to make any song they want, really. They're one of a kind. It's really hard for me to listen to anyone else.

And they're interaction with fans is incredible. I mean, look what's happening as we speak. They're letting the fans mess with their equipment and such at the summit. That's the Icing on the cake...Thank You Linkin Park for changing my life.

CAN I HAZ MORE MUSIC NOW PLZ? :awesome:

Bradley

Bradley Butt makes me weep, I call it a “boo-hooty".

It's amazing; this video just made me think how Linkin Park had really changed my life. I can honestly say Linkin Park definitely had a huge impact in my life, changing my view of things, making me a better person, and appreciating music more than I have ever had in my life. Linkin Park deserves a lot of credit for what they have done from creating "Music For Relief", actually communicating with the fans, and just overall being an inspirational band.

I hope to see Linkin Park go on in their path's of achievements, and see what surprises they will bring us in the future.

I'm also glad for stumbling upon LPA; this site is honestly one of the best Linkin Park fan sites out there, because of the community here. Congratulations to Linkin Park for everything they have done, and congratulations to LPA for having one of the friendliest/funniest fan site communities out there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.