LPA Monthly Mix-Up April: Winners Thread

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Our apologies for the extreme delay in announcing a winner this month. With the surge of recent "5th album" news and information, and the recent wave of new members we've encountered (hello everyone!) our time has been stretched thin. Monthly Mix-Up's will be going on hiatus until July (after the album has been released) in order to prevent these contests from being "Lost In The Echo" of new album news that will be flooding in over the next few months.

WINNER: LizziCloverman - The Raid (LizziMisery Remix)
    CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

When we first announced this round of remixes for April, we originally told ourselves that it would take a lot more than a Linkin Park and Raid mashup to win this contest. Mixing Raid music with Linkin Park is an easy idea to have, and with The Raid being a solo project for Mike we felt we'd rather pick an instrumental as the winner than a combination of Linkin Park and The Raid. This all changed in a heartbeat when we heard Lizzi's remix. A mesmerizing and often dreamlike experience, Lizzi's mashup takes on an unconventional song structure and leads the visitor on a journey from start to finish, becoming a fan favorite from the moment it was released. A newcomer to LPA and Monthly Mix-Up's, this is her first win in MMU and it is well deserved. As one poster in the thread stated, Lizzi's remix is DIAMONDS! Great work Lizzi!

RUNNER UP: LinkinPark0394 - Lawless: The Raid
    CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

An extremely creative take on The Raid, LinkinPark0394 took the idea of this contest and turned his submission into a narrative/movie scene without pictures, using samples of Linkin Park/Saw 3D/The Raid to create a story that he described in full here. Not only is LinkinPark0394's submission extremely creative, it also begs the question "what would the world be like if the penalty for breaking the law was not jailtime, but death?". We certainly didn't expect a submission like this, and we totally give props for the creativity shown here. This is the type of initiative we'd like to see shown in future MMU contests and we look forward to more submissions from him in the future.

RUNNER UP: BlueBurningAngel - White Noise
    CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

A newcomer to the MMU scene, BlueBurningAngel was one of the first entrants in this month's contest, creating an awesome new track (titled "White Noise") that helped to set the tone for the rest of the entrants in that thread. We loved the feeling of this track, and the vibes it gives off, and really hope to hear more from him in future contests. Great work!

------

This was yet another great and hard to judge month from our talented LPA forum members! We cannot believe the level of talent that we see showcased in these contests month after month, and seeing all the great remixes (plus getting this month re-tweeted by Mike Shinoda) proves to us why this was such a great idea to begin these contests last summer. The Linkin Park fan remix community needs this kind of exposure, and it's an honor to be able to feature so many great and talented fans month after month.

As stated earlier in the post, we are taking a short break until July, to allow us to focus on giving you the most current and up to date LIVING THINGS news/information. We hope to restart this contest with a bang when the break is over, and to Linkin Park: Here's to hoping you guys release some acapellas/multitracks from LIVING THINGS. We'd love to remix the new material. Thanks!

Want more information on LIVING THINGS, or want to pre-order the new album? Please do so by clicking HERE!

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Congratulations Lizzi, worthy winner! There were some good entries this month, kudos to all!

giordanno92

giordanno92 Active Member

It was clear for me XD
    Congratulations Lizzi!!! Awesome version of the Raid OST, everything was very creative and surprising from the beginning to the end.
    Congratulations for LinkinPark0394 as well for a very creative take on the OST and BlueBurningAngel for the awesome original take.

LizziCloverman

LizziCloverman The one that ruins any sausageparty

Naaawww!!!! Thank You so so so much! :)

special thanks to rafael for all of his support!

I'm superhappy now! Thanks :)

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

First of all, congrats to Lizzy, the winner's position is well deserved here! Not only did you use LP samples in a very clever way, you also used them great together with The Raid music. Your remix was (and still is) a trip worth taking, congrats!

Secondly, thanks for picking me as runner-up and writing the feedback. Reading that you guys didn't expect this kind of submission and liked the creativity behind it, made me feel a bit like a winner too! I'm very happy I got the reaction I wanted from you guys, I made you guys think and that's what I wanted to achieve here. So I'm really satisfied with my experiment! Thanks once again.

And last but not least, congrats to BlueBurningAngel for being a runner-up too, your entry was also very well made. It had a very powerful feeling to it and showed the aggressive side of The Raid OST. Kudos!

In fact, kudos to everyone who participated. I think everyone that entered made a solid sounding remix. Hopefully we'll be able to start next season of MMU with a blast and remix some of the new material!

Last edited: May 8, 2012
    Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Awesome sauce! Congrats, winners!

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Congratulations Lizzi! I've said it before, but your entry is brilliant (especially the My December/Papercut bit) :)

Congratulations also to LinkinPark0394 and BlueBurningAngel! Brilliant job from all. Particularly happy to see LinkinPark0394 place this month - I know how much work he put into that mix, as I got to hear an early draft. The end result is dope! Great narrative, still loving those end credits.

It's a shame we won't be seeing Monthly Mix Up for a couple of months, but it makes sense with all the chaos to come from the new album!

Another month, another great contest - job well done LPA!

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Congrats to all the winners! Great work! :awesome:

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Marry me, Lizzi.

LizziCloverman

you guys make me blush :blush: thank you!

also all proposals should include age, an awesome smiley of your choice and bacon.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

:awesome:
    Canadian bacon.

PyrocityStudios

PyrocityStudios X-Ecutioner Style

Dang.... that winning remix was amazing....

LizziCloverman

not bad!

@PyrocityStudios thank you!

giordanno92

We can take that as an influence for the winner's choice... personal interest XD

230 yo
    :WTF:
    :potato: Can be a potato? potatoes are awesome... if not
    112871171.jpeg
    Potatoes and bacon ^^

LizziCloverman

You seem pretty bubbly for being 230 years old. what's your secret?

giordanno92

Potatoes :miagi:

Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

Dat picture makes me hungreh.

Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

:pedobear:
    German bacon? Oder ein bratwurst? Lawl.

okay, back to the topic, congratulations Lizz! Same for linkinpark and blueburning angel!

Edit: And sorry for the double post!

Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

Good Mixes! ;DD

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Congrats to all!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.