LPA iPhone/Android App

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by MKH, Jan 18, 2011.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

We need one.

:FUUUUUU:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

A long time ago we did have an iPhone app, but I know we never developed one for Android. I can ask Todd if the iPhone version is still current or supported.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

It wasn't an app, it was a website version optimized for the iPhone, and yeah, it's still around, just go to lpassociation.com on your mobile phone.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It auto loads that version Todd? I thought there was a special web address.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

No it should autodetect it

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

It can confirm that it does autodetect for the main site. There's also a mobile version of the forums that can be picked.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

I'm not knowledgeable in the area of software development by any means, but I was imagining something like a stripped down Facebook app with the shoutbox being like one big group "Chat" function, PMs would be analogous to "Messages", "Friends", etc, etc. I don't know if it's possible at all or if it is how difficult it would be to get like a stripped down version of the forums and have a post be "clickable" to function like in the Twitter app where things like reply and retweet become available after selecting a tweet. Just a thought. Or twenty.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I think it would be impossible to sync the shoutbox with the app, but it would be great if it could happen so I didn't have to load the full site every time I want to chat in there. I could see an app working, but I'm sure it would be very time consuming and difficult. I'd love to have the shoutbox and a bunch of other features, but I'm just not sure if that particular feature would be possible. :lol:

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I think all of it is possible, it would just be very hard and it's probably a bit more advanced than we're capable of. Not a bad idea, though.

Necromorph

Necromorph TRY THE KETCHUP MOTHERF*CKER

you can make an iphone app for your forums.
    check me out.
    basically, if you add your forum to the list they will add you forum to their forum runner app (which will have a lot of other forums on there too), but you can go through branding and have your completely own forum app instead of having it with all the other forums.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I've seen that before but it's kinda pointless, as our site is optimized for iPhone and Andorid devices anyway. Adding our forums to that wouldn't be beneficial as our forums are easily accessible on the mobile anyway, an app would have to offer more site features and potentially a chat option like the shoutbox to be successful. Thanks though.