LP Should be the first to do this...

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Xpeerahmental, Aug 20, 2010.

Xpeerahmental

Xpeerahmental Well-Known Member

I call it Fan Democracy!

Alright, for their next album they should totally have a contest for a select few fans to get the chance to vote on the bands entire pot of songs they have written and get to have some influence on how well their general fans would enjoy set work, as well as being able to say, "Yep, I helped em' do that!" XD

The fans would have to be real unbiased to the the bands sound changes I THINK... there would have to be some major guidelines set down by the band to have this work but I think it would be awesome! Of coarse the band would have the final say, but who's to say that the fans wouldn't end up with pretty much the same list of songs huh?, I think boiling it down to the real ear candy would be the stage I'm thinking this contest could take effect in and be pretty amazing... then there is always the threat of leaking.. =/ Eh, there would be some major roadblocks in this idea but it would definitely be sweet and unique.

LISTEN: I WAS JUST EMPTYING MY THOUGHTS ON AN AWESOME IDEA, NO NEED TO COME IN HERE AND TRASH ON MUH BRAIN FART, K?

Thoughts?....

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

It seems like it could be a really hit-and-miss idea. Also, everyone's going to have some sort of bias to the sound. If you hate it, you're biased. If you love it, you're biased.

It would be interesting, though.

Xpeerahmental

Yeah, that's true.. I guess I mean fans that love all their sounds new and old and aren't afraid of whatever they do next.. and on the other side there are like tons of songs they usually make in the process so it would be quite a hassle for the band members... the fans would enjoy all the unheard material crappy or not but, lol, it would be quite a burden and project for the band whether it would be ALL the songs or just the semi finalists.. dunno. Just a sick idea that may be LP could do some sort of chopped and doable version of.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I think Weezer have kind of done something along these lines.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Absolutely not. Keep the fans away from any studio processes. I think it would give the impression that the band aren't confident in what they're doing.

And like Cap'n Troy says, bands have done it before.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

That's almost like selling their souls, I want them to have full control over what their album's are like. I vote no.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Not at all. It would effect the work itself. The fans should have no say on creative direction of an artist. It would place limitations on the work

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

ah, you know what will happen. everyone would vote for all the tracks that sound like HT/meteora, and when the album comes out, it'll flop, get terrible reviews and the band would split up after a year.

Ok, thats the worse senario, but it really is a hit/miss idea. so I think we should let LP just get on with it like usual lol

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
    Xpeerahmental

Ok, ok, ok hahaha, dang... I see, I didn't mean for it to sound like they were giving the fans complete control, not by a LOOOONG shot, it just would be a cool thing to do. I had no idea Weezer had tried that before though.