Love for Reanimation.

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by hybridsoldier1989, Feb 24, 2010.

hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

I just popped this into my truck's stereo the other day. Seriously, it sounded so fresh! I hadn't listened to it in maybe years.

Post what you like/dislike/whatever about the album.

The only beef I have with the album are the remixes of In The End, High Voltage and then X-Ecutioner Style. High Voltage has that incessant key being struck every second and it kinda distracts me from the rest of the song and then I just don't dig the ITE due to everything about it basically. And X-Ecutioner Style doesn;t really add much to any of the songs it combines imo.

All of the other tracks are really strong interpretations of the originals with my favorites being Runaway, Papercut, With You, OSC, and PMA.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Definitely their most experimental effort imo.

I Was absolutely shocked when I heard it back in 02', and it still holds up pretty well to this day. Furthermore, I've noticed that this album may have been ahead of it's time. I mean, take a listen to that stuff being churned out in the past few years; full of auto-tune, computerized effects and what have you. The only difference is that Linkin Park nailed it in 02'.

hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

yeah yeah yeah agreed!

i was shocked when i got reanimation the day it came out. but it totally is the most dense of the releases, always having something new to find in the mix. love this one.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

It was pretty awesome. I loved it except for In The End. Points remix was fuckin awesome. It was so awesome that my sister used KRWLING as her entrance song for her Quincenera. I think im going to go listen to it now haha

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

It's a shame that they chucked all the great experimental stuff they did in this record out the window when they did Meteora. Meteora would've been a classic if they incorporated some of the ideas explored in Reanimation into the album.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

well said that man!

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

That's true actually.

I still hold hope that one day they'll do another Reanimation style album. It's rare that a remix album contains songs that are better than the originals but there's plenty on Reanimation. I remember the By Myself and Place For My Head remixes used to be my favorite LP songs around the time the album came out. Brilliant, brilliant album.

Disturbedthoughts

Disturbedthoughts *Twitch*

In all honesty they should do a sequel to it...to this day it is my all time favorite album by them.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The album is pure gold. My favourite LP record. And Forgotten remix is still one of my all time favourite songs.
    Damn, I really wish they do something like that again.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I think it just makes a good standalone, and, like a lot of us here, I like "Reanimation" best out of all the Linkin Park albums. :) I still have trouble picking a favourite track, but I think the best remix on the album is Shinoda's remix of "Pushing Me Away", though I don't like Stephen Richard's voice on it at all.

The worst remix "Reanimation" has to offer, I think, is Evidence's cut of "High Voltage", which is my least-favourite track on the album.

I think the remix of "In The End" could have used a bit more ... sonic texturing, because, well, sonically, to me, it doesn't fit on the album too well, especially coming after "Pts.Of.Athrty". "Pts.Of.Athrty", by the way -- the video for that song is easily among my top favourite LP videos and it's the one I watch more than any others.

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

Ahhh this takes me back. I remember buying it the first day it came out. And like you guys said, ITE and HV I really didnt care for. PMA and Krawling stick out on this album. The strings in these songs are so pure and smooth. Reanimation to this day is my all time favorite. I do have to say that the My December remix was a little disappointing. Nothing could beat the original IMO. I also remember getting the 5.1 videos from the LPU which was freakin amazing. To bad all my collective LP stuff was stolen from me :( Including HT EP. Anyways different story there. I wish they would experiment again with the electro feel. Could you imagine what they could do for Meteora and MTM

The_4GT10_fACE

The_4GT10_fACE Well-Known Member

Anyone seen all the Reanimation videos yet?

mshinoda20

mshinoda20 Member

PMA is the best of this album, but the video is really weird.
    It was a great job of the band

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Reanimation was kick ass, the 99 Problems one was the best track in my opinion.

the11thdoctor

the11thdoctor Resident Time Lord

I still love Reanimation... still gets pretty regular rotation on my iPod... Like a few people here, tho, I really think they could've done better with In The End and High Voltage... And Place For My Head was good until that last verse/bridge/whatever... The toilet humor just doesn't fit, at all... IMO

Pretty sure you're thinking about Collision Course...

EDIT: And damn, I just noticed the last post on this thread was over 2 months old... Oopsie!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
    Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Reanimation was the reason I got into LP! Love it to pieces and LP too!

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Best album they've ever released, in my opinion.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Personally I find it a bit hit or miss, and I rarely listen to it. There's some good stuff on there and some that I could probably live without.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Pushing Me Away from that album is a top 10 LP song (especially the Live in Texas version). High Voltage reanimation is in that very small batch of LP songs that I simply hate. I like Enth e nd excpet this "Motion Man" guy wrecks the entire song with his verse. His voice is god awful IMO. But I like Mike's verses so it's still an ok song.

Reanimation is badass. I may put it ahead of Meteora. I know it's not a concept album but it still feels like a journey to me. Pushing Me Away, With You, and Runaway are the songs that don't even compete with the remix versions of them.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

LOVE IT! I just think its an pretty amazing remix record. there are 5 songs on the album that were kinda MEH, But the rest is pure gold