Lossless Version of Xero Tape To Be Released Soon

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Attention all audiophiles and fans of pre-warner Linkin Park!

Tonight we are proud to present to you, a series of brand new high quality rips of Linkin Park's very first demo tape (provided courtesy of nkramar), from back when they were originally known as Xero. These rips are some of the best to surface on the internet to date as they came from a mint condition Xero tape, played only a limited number of times, before landing into the hands of its current and rightful owner, who was courteous enough to provide new rips for all of you to hear.

These rips will be uploaded in lossless format to DIME within the next few days, and are equalized to avoid hiss while still presenting the best sound quality possible to the listener. While one or two tracks may have slight issues (due to levels/the age of the tape) for the most part these rips are excellent and should not be missed by anyone.

Also since the lossless archive is over 70MB, for those who want better quality but don't have room for the heavy file size, we here at LPA are hosting 320KBPS mp3s ripped directly from the original lossless files for your listening pleasure. All you need to do is click the link below and you will be directed to the FTP to download them all! The actual lossless files will be on the internet within the next few days. Enjoy!

Foreword by Nkramar

Mp3 Directory

DIME LINK COMING SOON

A very very special thanks to nkramar for ripping these and putting them up.

nkramar

nkramar LPA VIP LPA VIP

As compared to the rips of the tape which are still available on LPFuse, these are highly edited rips... Hope you guys enjoy them.

Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

ty nick.

:D @ my server

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

It's about time somebody hosts something Warner can't complain about! :lol:

Derek

Funny Tasta. :lol:

maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

wow, thanx! I do think Chester is 10 times better than Mark Wakefield..lol. Im glad they hired Chester back in 96 to replace Mark when he left..Chester is the guy who made Linkin Park the band they are today with his singing skills.

danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

Thank you !

JNudda

JNudda Guest

yay for 10 year old LP tracks that we have all heard *sarcasm...dont mind me*

Derek

You haven't heard em like this.

Without that annoying hum and static the songs feel totally different to me now. Probably cause I can actually UNDERSTAND Mark now since there isn't static pwning him.

mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

haha getting pwned by static...interesting idea *gets an image of mark singing on stage and a huge cloud of grayish fuzzy noise eats him*.

I wonder how these'll compare to the LPFuse ones. so he actually has the Xero demo tape? that's so cool! thanks nkramar!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
    LPgator

LPgator Well-Known Member

wow great quality, much better than other rips. Thanks!

mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

hey are lossless files a different format? (other than mp3/wma?)

Mel

Mel Well-Known Member

Good stuff man! Thanks a lot.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Much appreciated!

raiyu

raiyu Active Member

i prefer these songs than the newest ones

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

great quality, now il actually listen to these songs rather than get bored of the quality and switch to something different

boojitsu

boojitsu Well-Known Member

Am i the only one who thinks the original fuzzy ones just sounded (in general) better ? Obviously quality isn't as crisp, but there's a slight oddity in the loss-less version. Anyways, thanks for the tunes and work. Sounds good, maybe I'm just used to the fuzz :D

Connorhea

Connorhea Member

my first reaction was disgust in response to how Rhinestone struggles to keep a good balance between speakers and volume, I was kinda disappointed.

now Ive listened to them all over about four times and now that im over the anti-static I realize yeah, I like this better. I dont need to extrapolate when im listening to the lyrics, I can actually hear them clearly. thanks a lot!

besides, its about time I replaced my copy of Fuse which abruptly repeats the same :23 second gap during the song and kinda throws off my jive.

any chance of some decent version of Technique coming out? maybe its just me, but its screwed up just like Fuse. dang old copies.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

mike's voice is clearer (and sounds more like mike, all in all) and there's a lot more bass that i can hear ... other than that, they're just like the more common files people are hosting. ;) but it's cool.

_Shifter_

_Shifter_ Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for such a great exclusive. I have to agree that all these songs have got a different feeling now. I can really hear what they are saying and the first time I listened to the new Stick'N'Move I realized samples I never knew that they existed.;)

Thank you very much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.