LIVING THINGS VINYL: Original White Pressing vs. Reissue

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Knt.Slbs, Oct 11, 2017.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I'm planning to purchase this record but the reason I keep holding up myself by buying LT in vinyl due to the fact how badly sound it is because of the mixing issue. I owned it in CD version but never listen to it after 3-5 times.
    I need to know which version of vinyl should I get? Should I get the original or reissue? What's the difference? any improvement in terms of sound quality?

A response would be much appreciated.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Definitely ask people in other communities too, I don't know if you'll find anyone who cares about "Living Things" vinyl releases here

Knt.Slbs likes this.
    Knt.Slbs

Yeah, I'll try. Thanks

One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

I know this won't help you but this is the first time of hearing about the white vinyl being crap. I own it and its absolutely amazing.

Knt.Slbs likes this.
    IronDust71

IronDust71 Well-Known Member

I own both (though my white record is still sealed) and I think you should go with the reissue which is much cheaper.

There's really no difference in sound between the two pressings, and there's not much difference between the CD and the vinyl pressing. I'LL BE GONE is still brickwalled as hell, but I feel like BURN IT DOWN sounds a little more dynamic. Here's the link to LIVING THINGS dynamic ranges: http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=&album=LIVING+THINGS

Definitely go with the reissue, no difference but the color with the original, but definitely not a great improvement from the CD, and that's a shame.

Knt.Slbs likes this.
    Knt.Slbs

Thanks, mate.

IronDust71 likes this.