LIVING THINGS: One Year Retrospective

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Jun 27, 2013.

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

Since I haven't listened to LP in the last 3-4 months, I gave a listen to LT, and I have to say I still really like it. I remember how much I loved the potato recording of Burn It Down and how much I loved the song when it came out. It has a Hybrid Theory feeling. It's still fresh.
    I lost my hype for LP but still, when I listen to MTM, ATS or LT, I realize how much I love (loved) this band.

roBot

roBot Well-Known Member

What a great retrospective post :)

With LT Linkin Park has once again proven with every facet of their style that they make the music I like

Although I took part in solving the BID flash games I mainly watched the community do their thing with the codes and the scavenger hunt...
    One of the best memories was the LPA LIES GREED MISERY leak at BBC radio1 which happened while I was having a BBQ with my classmates in a garden with no direct access to the internet, so I brought an UMTS-Stick with me and hooked it up to my laptop to listen to Zane Lowe's show - this always comes to my find first when I listen to LGM :D
    another great incident was the listening party by lpfancorner with Mike though it wasn't my first listening but my second it was a great experience

Living Things album cycle was a great one that once again brought me closer to the LPA and it's MMUs and to the day it is my number one source of LP news so thank you guys for giving us LP fans this place in the internet :) you deserve every attention the band is giving you for your work!
    And I don't want to forget to thank the band for it's music and the work at involving the fanbase... it makes following LP quite a joy :D

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

1. Well, I did. Even with the sounds they already had. It was possible to make it experimental such as ATS. And by ATS, I don't mean the electronic sound. It's the musical contents in the song. Even for a song like Blackout, it was rich with layers of music. So I was half expecting them to create songs in a similar fashion. We got that to a certain extent but not close to ATS.
    2. There can be new singles. In My Remains could fit a movie perfectly. It depends on the band and the label. In my opinion, releasing a song like In My Remains could be a good thing since the song has potential(provided they actually advertise and promote the single).