LIVESTRONG

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by amanda_diane, Jun 30, 2005.

amanda_diane

amanda_diane Well-Known Member

I wanted to know if anyone here wears the LIVESTRONG wristbands and why you started wearing them in the first place. Is it because your friend, family member or someone you know had or has cancer. Or is it just becuase everyone else was wearing one?
    I started wearing one after my cousin got cancer. I am so proud of her, she was so strong through out the whole thing. Now she's recovering.

Oh ya, if you wear any other wristbands to support something different besides cancer tell about that.

numbfeeling9

numbfeeling9 Afraid of you

I have the LiveStrong wristband. None of my family members have cancer but I got it because I wanted to somehow be a small part of a lot of people who are giving to cancer research. I guess that's it.

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

I wear one because I support the cause. Also, my grandmother had cancer and it runs in my family.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

I don't have one...I support the causes, but I think they're so overrated. The only one that I would probably wear is the one they made for Dimebag.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Yeah, I agree. Mainly because everyone wears them for fashion and don't even know what they're for.

the_king_of_all

the_king_of_all LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

yes. same here. i support the cause. i just think there are better ways to give to it than wearing a band. i mean, if it wasn't for the band's how many people would actualy give to the charity? i can see how the bands are a good idea because they make people aware but i have seen people at school selling them on and stuff which means the charities lose out and the person who sold it gains money. it's unfair.

Friskey™

Yeah, I agree. Mainly because everyone wears them for fashion and don't even know what they're for. [/b][/quote]
    Amen. Do yourself a favor, fashion companies...MAKE THEM FOR FASHION IF THEY'RE SELLING LIKE THAT!!!

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Amen. Do yourself a favor, fashion companies...MAKE THEM FOR FASHION IF THEY'RE SELLING LIKE THAT!!! [/b][/quote]
    I wear it in honor of my cousin's death.

Friskey™

I wear it in honor of my cousin's death. [/b][/quote]
    Well that's good for you, that's my only exception...That's why I want to get the Dimebag one...I would get the pink one in honor of my aunts who both lost their battles with it, but me wearing pink is kind of disturbing.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I wear an anti-bullying one because I'm for the cause.