Linkin Park: "The Hunting Party" Track-By-Track Preview of the Six Song Sampler

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Kiq

Kiq We're a broken people living under loaded gun

The user RazorEye said in another post that when a track length is displayed on an album page, that means the band has already sent the track to iTunes. This could mean an iTunes Countdown is going to happen, and that we have a chance to get a new track lifted each week in the three weeks leading up to the album's release.

2. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Likely GATS, not because I don't like the track (I actually think it's outstanding) but because by the time I was able to hear the sampler, I had already overplayed GATS to oblivion.

But there are songs that are even better than GATS on the sampler.

3. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

GATS is so awesome that it would be the greatest thing ever if there were still tracks better than it on THP.

Seriously, I think after two and a half months and overplaying the shit out of it...I can say (without hype involved) that GATS ranks in my top 10 LP songs. Not an easy accomplishment.

4. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Basically when certain track times are posted but not the whole tracks that means iTunes already has the tracks. The reason not the whole album would be updated with all the tracks or none of them updated is because they have either not received the songs or just dont have a need to change it. Only a couple of the song for THP were changed on iTunes with track times potentially meaning that iTunes might do a countdown. What a countdown is, is that a band releases a song a week until the album comes out. This would correlate with Shinoda saying that they want to release more music before the album comes out but only if interpreted in one way. More music than just GATS (UIG, statement fulfilled) or more music than the normal (ATS and LT both had 2 tracks released beforehand. GATS and UIG, statement unfulfilled.)

Source for everything I just said (besides Mike's statement): I've been part of an iTunes countdown before.

And thanks for the reply Derek! Sounds great!

Honestly, THP will be the best LP album ever for me probably.

UIG has now become my second favorite LP song after CoG and GATS is top 5. This album is shaping up to be amazing!

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  5. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about my top 10, but it's definitely up there in my top 15 too!

6. tonymadridista7

tonymadridista7 Member

Just a side note it seems LP won't be doing the transformers soundtrack imagine dragons is,maybe one of THP songs might appear on the movie.

7. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I have to admit, Derek's review of the sampler greatly increased my hype level for the new album. By the way, how were those "avant-metal jigsaw riffs" for you, Derek? :bradwink:

Edit: So much for LP continuing their Transformers song tie-in tradition. It will be interesting to hear Imagine Dragons's take on a theme song for an action-packed movie, though.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  8. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

Sounds great i hope it is going to be like what you said!
    CoG is amazing and UIG is also my 2nd favourite song!

What Song do you want to be released first from the ones that got the songtimes on iTunes?

9. Derek

I searched high and low for anything that could sound "avant-metal" or "jigsaw" on that track when I heard it. There was nothing of the sort. :lol:

10. Blake

I would want Rebellion next as it has my interest due to Derek :)

What about you?

11. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

I want Rebellion or The wastelands next because i want to save up KTTK until i have the full Album i want to listen to it as opener :)

12. Arachnids

Arachnids The way out is through...

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  13. Blake

As far as I know, Keys to the Kingdom isn't one of the songs that got the track time put up. Besides the singles it was Rebellion, Wastelands, and Final Masquerade. :)

For me personally I'd want Rebellion first and then Wastelands and then Final Masquerade.

Or I wouldn't mind Wastelands first and then Rebellion second because the track list goes Wastelands-Until Its Gone-Rebllion. So by the second week we could play the middle of the in order and that would be cool to do! :)

14. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

So excited!
    Actually we are the only ones who like the new lyrics! :)

15. Blake

Yeah it seems that way :/

They really arent bad lyrics at all

16. Izuan

Izuan Well-Known Member

I love the new lyrics too

17. MarkTheGraves

MarkTheGraves Banned

The lyrics are great and I loved the album trailer. I can't wait for this album!

18. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

You gotta love these early reviews that use phrases we didn't even know existed :p Oh, the anticipation I'm feeling for Rick Florino's "review" from ArtistDirect is tremendous :lol:

By the way, I also like the lyrics I've heard so far. As long as the lyrics, no matter how simplistic they may be, are meaningful and relatable, I will more than likely be fine with them.

19. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

While the thread moves forward, I'm still stuck on the 5-sec ''leak''. He says ''fuck'' twice and yet only KTTK and AFN are explicit, and it's confirmed it isn't any of those two -> not Linkin Park.

20. Derek

Filip pretty much nailed it. I can promise beyond a shadow of a doubt that the 5 second clip is NEITHER of those two songs, and seeing as they are the only explicit tracks? Yep, fake. Just like every other 'leaked footage from the studio' that comes out every single album cycle. I too can take an explicit acapella of Given Up, make a metal instrumental behind it and then really distort a video to make it seem "legitimate". Come on people, don't fall for this crap so easily.