Linkin Park Nominated For Grammy

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Dec 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Linkin_park_chick

Linkin_park_chick Active Member

mannn how could they not this one seriously!! well thats in my opinon i really dislike the others up for nomination. Yeah Destinys child are huge but my god they suck!.. But yeah its up for best rap and im not into rap so ill just go look at the rock nominations..

syklone

syklone Active Member

anti fan site

I love how like half the people who posted here hope Linkin park doesn't win even though this is a Linkin Park Fan site lol. I actually think they have a pretty good chance at it too. Collision Course sold many more copies then any of the other labels up for the same award. Only Gwen and Ciarra stand a slight chance against them. I'm not trying to be biased, just judging it by their over-all popularity. I mean, look on Itunes top 100 hip-hop/rap songs of the day. My boyz be at 45 lol and it came out so many months ago. sry bout long post

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

The selections for who wins aren't based on either of your opinions or musical tastes, nor the popularity of the song. This isn't some shindig MTV puts on.

Looking at this realistically, from an airplay standpoint, those other songs swamped "Numb/Encore" when it comes to how much they were played. That has some play in who wins, but not too much. Not to mention all of those other songs are originals, not just the blending of two previously recorded songs into one. "Numb/Encore" is my favorite song out of all of the others, and quite frankly I detest all the other songs in the category, but you need to realize there's a very very very slim chance Linkin Park will come away with this award.

Don't dare say this is an "anti-fan site" for the comments of some people who are looking at the situation realistically. I and all the other staff work hard on this site and forums you have no right to call us an "anti-fan site" at all. It's disrespectful.

I dare you to tell me I'm not a fan for saying that.

syklone

syklone Active Member

oh my god

Ok, I don't think I directed that statement at you mark but whatever. I just as saying that if want to support another band, do it on the other boards on this site, not the strictly Linkin park ones. Yeah, I must sound sooo crazy for posting that.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Hm. Nice attitude.

Anyway, This may be a Linkin Park fansite but it's not full of mindless zombies who don't know when something is up-to-par with what the band should be accomplishing. Meteora (in my opinion and many others) was not up-to-par with Hybrid Theory or Linkin Park's previous works and Collision Course was just a waste of time. Don't get me wrong, I like Collision Course but 6 tracks? What the hell? Just because we don't support every single thing Linkin Park does, that means we should go to another message board?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.