Linkin Park News Roundup - October 22nd, 2011

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Oct 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Here is a quick collection up of Linkin Park news stories that have been making the rounds as of late:

Mike Shinoda Comments On The Raid Soundtrack:

Linkin Park vocalist Mike Shinoda recently took to his blog to talk more about The Raid soundtrack, giving an update on it's progress while also commenting how it has changed his approach to writing music. Below is an except:

"Writing big, nasty parts for a fast-paced action scene have come pretty naturally for me. There are lots of moments with big beats and unique, exciting sounds. But one thing I’ve found that’s different in writing for film (versus an album) is being aware of how and when to make the music transparent. The music needs to be invisible at times. Writing a Linkin Park song is usually about our personal stories, not someone else’s. And an LP song is designed to draw you in, to catch your ear with words, melodies, and sounds. Often, the techniques I might use to create a catchy sound or “hook” would actually take away from a scene in The Raid, so it’s been a fun challenge to learn when and how to let the movie’s story come first."

You can read the full post here.

Linkin Park's Mike Shinoda to Appear at Billboard Film and TV Music Conference

According to an article posted on billboard.biz, Mike Shinoda will be appearing on Billboard's Film and TV Music Conference along with Peter Himmelman to discuss his work on the score for The Raid, as well as to comment on other projects he and Linkin Park are currently working on. In this article (and Mike's above blog post) it has also been revealed that Mike has been working with Joe Trapanese who is best known for his work with Daft Punk and also on the TRON score and soundtrack.

You can read the full article here.

Future DBS Tour On The Way?

Although speculated several months ago, via a FB comment on Ryan Shuck's Facebook page, it appears now that a future DBS show/tour is in the works. According to a post on his twitter, Ryan has been hard at work with rehearsals for both Julien-K and DBS. It is uncertain just what this means, but we will keep you posted as more information becomes available.

Thanks to Zane and Geki for the news!

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Looking forward to hearing Mike's soundtrack!
    I must say, if that DBS tour comes about (and not just one or two dates in the US but all over the world) I'll be there! What might be even cooler if they did a Dead by Sunrise + Julien-K tour. that'll be sweet. Though I shouldn't get my hopes up. :sleep:

Yurieff

Yurieff Meow. :3

So no full LP song for the soundtrack, just small ones like Mike's VMA 2005?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It's not going to be tied to LP at all. He's scoring the film, meaning he's making all of the instrumental music for the album (like Daft Punk did for TRON).

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Also, Linkin Park wouldn't do a new song for an Indonesia independent flick.

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

So excited for Mike. With this I will confirm to myself my conviction that he is a genious and worth to be my idol to follow right there with Trent :)

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Cant wait for Mikes soundtrack!! It gonna be sweet.

Also, as much as i like DBS, I would prefer Chester to fully focus on the next LP album show i hope its just a single show or two. :)

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

DBS tour sounds interesting.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

DBS was sooo 2009. :shifty: Sounds pretty interesting though.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

My question is where DBS would go to come close to selling out shows. Certainty not the U.S. unless if they're playing in small venues.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I am not really interested in Dead By Sunrise, The Raid soundtrack on the other hand, bring it.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Not too interested in the DBS show to be honest. It's kinda like beating a dead horse with a dead chicken on that one.

I can't wait for The Raid OST to be released though.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

My excitement for The Raid couldn't get any bigger.

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

I see many people not interested in DBS, and I probably agree. Not that I follow the daily plans of each member at all nor am interested, but to see that Mike got involved in the last 10 years on 4 different big projects makes me want to see from Chester something different too. A DBS tour is not appealing for the future IMO.
    What I like of Mike is how he transmits passion for music. Only who is addicted to music, experimenting inside of it and stuff, can do so many different things and let them all be grand in some unique way, resulting fresh, new, constant.

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

screw the movie i care just about the soundtrack lol

Yurieff

Yurieff Meow. :3

The Raid is holding up the new album.

:awesome:

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I hope The Raid soundtrack sounds like Hybrid Theory :kappa:

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

lmao am I the only one psyched about a possible DBS tour? Maybe this could mean the possibility of a new DBS album. New DBS and LP albums would totally make my last year of earth's existence :awesome:

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

I'd love a DBS tour.

In Australia.
    hahahaha not exactly likely...

Geki

Geki >.

I saw DBS live twice in 2009. First in NYC, and second at the Ulalume festival in Maryland. The NYC show was sold out and full of people, but Ulalume had pretty much no fans of DBS. I remember I just easily walked up to the front row and people didn't know who DBS was. Kid Cudi, AFI and Paramore definitely had more fans there. I don't think DBS will still be able to sell out shows like they did in 2009, but maybe they could. I would go, they were awesome live. Ryan and Chester feed off of the crowd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.