linkin park - just a sad tragedy

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by TheChase, Aug 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    TheChase

TheChase Well-Known Member

I just wanted to let out all my thoughts about the band. there is no email addy for telling them personally so I do it right here.

I am probably one of the first fans of linkin park. or should I say, I was? yeah, I WAS a fan, cause this band just making me crazy. when I saw 'one step closer' the first time on tv, I was like 'wow, this is a band, which just give a #### on all this celebrity #### and just playing their stuff'. I became a big fan, 'hybrid theory' is still one of my favourite longplayer ever.

but then, they get famous. very famous. they released tracks like 'in the end' which get very popular, so everybody knews linkin park. I didnt say anything, I was happy about their success. but the #### that followed their success, that was horrible. the remix album was just a commercial hit, they just wanted to earn a few dollars more quickly. be honest guys: are you really sure that you like reanimation? i dont think so, cause the songs which were originally on hybrid theory became very ugly. but I thought, allright, it was just an experiment. I was waiting for the new record. meteora let me down. it was the same as hybrid theory, just like b-sides. the songs were more pop than rock.

then the live album. show just one band, which released a live album after two records?!? and it wasnt a live album at all. it all sounds very good, too good for a normal live show. they worked on it, better up all the tracks until they didnt sound like live tracks. it was embarrasing.

they released 5 (!!) tracks off of meteora. WHY? 3 were enough, why do they release so much? just to get more money? oh yeah.
    they called their last big tour the "meteora world tour 2004", but they toured through the us. I saw them live in berlin, and it sucked. I saw live concerts of the ozzfest tour, and they really rocked there. but in berlin? no, they didnt. it was more an entertainment show than a rock show.

I missed the years 2000 and 2001. the years were they were original, just rocked for their fans, just do their thing. give a #### on more money, more selling records. I believed in a band, which are controlled by their record label.

Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Banned

Reanimation was probably the best remix album of all time. Why? because it was properly remixed, not some #### house remakes with a few extra beats. And if you don't like how Linkin Park have turned out then thats really your problem, not ours. You don't have to pay attention to singles, etc. Just enjoy the music.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

forums.linkinpark.com

Okay.

Linkin Park never intended for Reanimation to be such a huge success. If I remember right, it was going to be an LPU exclusive, but Warner Bros. liked it and released it like a commercial album. When Mike was doing an interview after Reanimation was out for a while, the interviewer told Mike that it was platinum and Mike couldn't believe it. Also, during LP's show in Nottingham on 03/03/03, Mike asked how many people heard Reanimation and was speechless at the response. It wasn't LP's fault it was such a hit. And as for Meteora, the songs were anything but pop. Tell me, when's the last time you heard a Britney Spears song with driving guitars? That's right, never. The only "pop" song on the whole disc is "Breaking The Habit," and maybe "Nobody's Listening."

They mixed the album. Big deal. They didn't want it to sound like it was recorded via digital camera...

Again, record company. Warner kept forcing them to put out singles. And their tour was called the "Meteora World Tour" the entire time. It just wasn't officially that until they got to the states. And did you ever stop to think that they just had an off-night in Berlin? No one is perfect all the time.

You hit the nail on the head: LP is controlled by Warner. They can't help that, but they can't breach their contract because they can easily be sued. If you ask me, LP has been putting out all these "big" releases to fulfill their contract so they can leave the label, much like Incubus did with Sony.

Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

Didn't they go to Asia as well? I remember them going to Indonesia, then Singapore. For the Meteora World Tour 2004. Unless I didn't go to the concert that night.

TheChase

do they read the postings on that board you post to me will? if yes, I want to post the same as I did here. I want them to read it and to think about their older fans, maybe more true than the kids, which became fans with meteora.

Michele1

Michele1 Well-Known Member

What gives you any right to say they don't think about all their fans? And, you have no idea who's "more devoted" to Linkin Park.... who in the hell cares? You defanitly did not ask all the kids who listen to Linkin Park if they started listening to them because of Meteora, what's your point in that ? Does it really matter who more devoted, when they started liking them, etc? No.

BEAVIS

BEAVIS Well-Known Member

linkinpark.com/lpc
    forums.linkinpark.com
    WHAT???
    I was the first fan of LP. I met them at the Joe's school :lol:
    YES I DO :whistle: On all concerts LP play the REA version of "One Step Closer", "Pushing Me Away".... so the people love them more than the HT version of that songs.
    Oh, you know all LP fan on the world I guess :wth:
    Well, you dont know me.
    So you are not LP FAN. YOU ARE HYBRID THEORY FAN. If you are real LP fan you should love all their songs and albums.
    LIT is live album. It's just optimised. And it' sounds great and you can listen to it on max volume. And there are no rumors?/?noises.
    So's Hybrid Theory: One Step Closer; Crawling; Papercut; In The End; Points Of Authority.
    Thay do that, cuz the fans will be not very happy in waiting one year the new album without watching new videos.
    What about "Live @ MTV Rock Am Ring"? it was in Germany.
    WHAT??? You are just one of the many people that don't love REA or MET. Do you think you are the only one with this thinks in mind? ;)

I'm fan of LP from their first song.

Oh, I didn't see Britney Spears screaming like chez or rapping like mike or beating like Joe :lol:

and....this topic is pointless :wth:

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

Funny how he says he's one of their first fans when he saw "One Step Closer" on MTV. :lol:

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

So what your saying is that you don't like linkin park because there mainstream. :lol:

TheChase

Well I see that so many people get me wrong. more wrong than expect at the beginning when I started this topic. anyway...

in late 2000, I saw one step closer on mtv night rock rotation. When I saw that, I tried to find out more about the band, but even google couldnt find anything about the band. so I guess I was one of their first, maybe on of the first 1000. hybrid theory wasnt even out.

I compare the video for one step closer with the video for numb or from the inside or anything else off of meteora...there is no feeling, there is no emotion. 'crawling'...its an awesome video about a young women, she gets abused and you can see the fear in chesters face. thats the real feeling. or papercut. they #### on big drums and all the guitar stuff...just rocked in this living room. it had an evil vibe. so that was real rock!

meteora was nearly the same as hybrid theory, just more mainstream. not made just for the fans, made for more and more people. to sell more records. if they call the kids, which became fans with meteora, real fans - then I'm really shocked, cause these little suckers dont know any #### about this band.

I remember the ozzfest tour - man, that was amazing. chester - he dived into the crowd, was about going insane on the stage, even volmed into the moshing people (which isnt probably a part of the music, but anyway...). he lost all of this, he became calmer. and I dont like this. and I'm sure, he dont like the situation too.

now, there will be people now, which will shoot against my opinion. but I remember just on quote of chester bennington, which reminds me, how bad he probably feels. "I always wanted to make music. just go on the stage and make music with this band, nothing more."

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

dude you can't blame lp , you must blame the record label , I also do hope so they go to other label and make better music agian .

the numb video and bth has a lot of emition on it , I think evne more then crawling

htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

What you are saying is that Linkin Park has lost the feeling of its first years, that they have lost the impulse of their first years, that they've gone down emotionally...

I don't know what to say, I'll just forget this topic and leave it to others.

<goes away and forgets>

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

Dude they got famous. So What??

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

I don''t see al of his points , but I think the label has forced linkin park to set songs on the album don't let hem choose their self , And don;'t let them choos the singles either , the singles who where released where all qiut poppy . A prove they where forced is bth . MAybe if they have an another producer they will make and release their (own songs the like again , and not the songs the label wants). And the emition in de vids only gets better ^_^

越南

越南 Well-Known Member

I thought HT was released in 1999? :shifty:
    I became a fan since Hybrid theory , not meteora ..Even if people started liking the band ever since meteora, and u say that meteora was the same #### as HT , whats so bad about it?

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Hybrid Theory was released in 2000.

It's not that it's the same as Hybrid Theory, its probably that they just did the same thing over again, instead of doing something different.

I desperately need to find out how many albums they have to release to finish their contract. And somehow stop them from renewing it.

Blaze

Blaze Ambient

pfft there were a thousand copies of the HT EP made and they had been doing shows for years(xero1996) so it's very unrealistic that you were one of the first one thousand fans because even underground bands can get a pretty good sized following :mellow:

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Okay, let me clarify something. Points of Authority was never released as a single. Ever. The remix for it was, but that's it.

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

lmao dude im sorry to break the news to you but you werent 'one of the few' to find linkin park, people have heard linkin park before they were signed when they were named something else but linkin park. I totally agree with you Blaze.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This thread is absolutely pathetic. If you dislike the band so much, why dont you do Linkin Park and everyone here a favor and stop posting on these forums, as well as forget about Linkin Park as a whole?

You are so terribly misinformed on certain subjects, that you don't even have any grounds for making this rant in the first place. You know absolutely nothing about the subjects you are complaining about as Cameron, Will, and many others have proved you wrong and pulled out your various mistakes made in this thread to help you look more foolish then you already are.

Get a clue about what you're talking about, and then come here when you actually have something correct to say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.