Leeds/Reading Festivals 2006

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by ultramar, Feb 13, 2006.

ultramar

ultramar Well-Known Member

Should be the best festival this year in the UK, the rumours of whose playing so far is;

Franz Ferdinand and Muse have been confirmed by NME as the headliners.(Even though "confirmed" by NME might not be (there were wrong last year)).
    The Kaiser Chiefs, Arctic Monkeys and Flaming Lips will be second on the bill.
    Dirty Pretty Things and Racounters will be on an unkown stage.

I also think that Lostprophets will end up playing, but it's just a hunch at the momment.

And alot more will be announced over the coming months, tickets should go on sale some time in march. So who's going and who do you want to see added to the bill?

mathew51b

mathew51b Well-Known Member

i would love to go if i could persuade my mum to let me (fat chance), but yeh, you never know. the lineup seems ok, but still needs something a bit more loud, although i spose thats muse. if lostprophets turned up id have to go, i want to see them live so much. anyway, should be good i guess no matter who turns up,its still a festival!

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Great, shitty British Indy bands...

Seriously, I can't believe some of them are successful...

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

iam there! iam not going for the bands thats just a major plus. not really a fan of any of those bands but i gotta admit lostprophets would be nice. maybe LP? to promote their new album? hmmmm

the crack at leeeds the last two years was awesome - its the only place probably in the world where i'd get knocked out with a create of beers :lol:

ultramar

And also the only place were you'd use a cold can of beer to take the swelling down from being hit by a crate. lol

JJ

LEEDS!

i love it

ultramar

The Leeds/Reading line up will be announced this monday (27/2/06) 7 - 7 on BBC Radio1

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

I'd go to see The Raconteurs.
    I'm excited for their album.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

What he said.

ultramar

Ignorance is bliss isn't it?

Joe

I wouldn't know, maybe you could tell me? Seriously, it's an opinion, I really fail to see any difference in the bands listed. They all sound the same to me; Monotonous instrumentation combined with monotone singing. I really do fail to see how some of them managed to get successful or even signed. Of course, that's my opinion which I am entitled to. No offense to anyone who likes the bands listed, it's just not my thing.

ultramar

Wasn't really aimed at you more of the comment of on calling them shitty with out giving any reason by some else. Everyones entitled to their opinion i agree though an opinion doesn't count for much if you can't proved a reason for it. (Also not aimed at anyone just a generalisation).

Joe

Ah, I see. Maybe I should have gave a reason when I first quoted Hellflame. Never mind, I see where you're coming from. :thumbsup:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

So basically what's going to happen is they won't have to do much set changing.. just bring out a different singer for every band..

JJ

i cant wait personally - the people that go are what makes Leeds, Leeds! the bands are what people go for and yeh its a major plus like i said before but i love the whole atmospehere