Kanye West To Appear On 'The Rising Tied'?

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Apr 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

i dont think its garbage. tupac is still one of the greatest emcees ever. yes its incomplete. for obvious reasons. but im not saying his recent stuff has been good either. i just dont think that an executive producer such as jay-z will have a huge effect. guys like dr. dre have big effects on album sales. i was just trying to provide an example with eminem so i wouldnt throw out statements that would appear as uneducated opinions.

CloserToCrawling

CloserToCrawling Ambient

I personally don't like Kanye, but I think he has a lot to offer for this album, and will bring some really great talent to the project. Yay! :lol:

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

i dont think its garbage. tupac is still one of the greatest emcees ever. yes its incomplete. for obvious reasons. but im not saying his recent stuff has been good either. i just dont think that an executive producer such as jay-z will have a huge effect. guys like dr. dre have big effects on album sales. i was just trying to provide an example with eminem so i wouldnt throw out statements that would appear as uneducated opinions. [/b][/quote]
    My opinion isn't uneducated. ;)

If it's made public knowledge that Mike is being produced by Jay-Z, it'll sell. Not like Eminem selling, but it'll sell nevertheless.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I wouldn't mind if Kanye West was involved with Fort Minor.

But hey..my friend thought Kanye West was a white guy who's name was Konair West.

Anyway, the more rap artists, the better, I suppose.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

There is only one Tupac song that was made after he died called "One Day At A Time" that I like. The only reason I like it because it features The Outlawz, Tupac's original group. For his other songs, it's just not the same. Especially with Eminem's repetitive beats. I'm glad his mom is only releasing one more CD for then he can finally rest in peace.

Kayne West...cool.

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

It depends what kinda rap artist it are , I;'m happy mike has actually true rappers as friends

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

i dont think its garbage. tupac is still one of the greatest emcees ever. yes its incomplete. for obvious reasons. but im not saying his recent stuff has been good either. i just dont think that an executive producer such as jay-z will have a huge effect. guys like dr. dre have big effects on album sales. i was just trying to provide an example with eminem so i wouldnt throw out statements that would appear as uneducated opinions. [/b][/quote]
    As I see it, Tupac hasn't had a hit single in years upon years because all his unreleased stuff is hardly applicable to today's rap scene, and people's interest in him has waned. They've been fed too much post-death incomplete Tupac material and from fan testimonials I've heard it just doesn't do him justice. The fans have moved on.

Now, as for Fort Minor, you've got an emcee from one of the biggest bands in the modern world who's never released any side-projects or solo material unless collaborating with lesser-known artists on other albums, releasing a highly-hyped album produced by one of the most influential hip-hop artists in history. That's going to get mainstream attention whether or not you like it.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Runnin' off the Tupac: Ressurection Soundtrack produced by Eminem was a pretty big hit. I think it was a hit because it featured his former rival. But I agree, fans like myself have moved on and let the man rest in peace. He still remains my favorite artist to this day.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

Till The End of Times was a big hit. They haven't even promoted the new album which is why you don't see a Tupac video on MTV.

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

Loyal to the game was a joke. I can't believe pac's mother actually approved of that album.

Some of pac's posthumous albums have actually been descent. Like still i rise and ressurection.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Hasn't been confirmed yet, bud. Read.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Yeah, sort of. It just doesn't make sense though, ya know? :lol:

"[Insert album] is the best!"
    "Have you heard it yet?"
    "No."
    "Then why are you saying it's the best?"
    "You know what? Fuck you, man." [/b][/quote]
    Yah sorry CAmeron your right i was out of line making that comment. Here let me rephrase:

One of my most highly anticipated albums of the year just made my possibly anticipate go that much higher.

Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

As I see it, Tupac hasn't had a hit single in years upon years because all his unreleased stuff is hardly applicable to today's rap scene, and people's interest in him has waned. They've been fed too much post-death incomplete Tupac material and from fan testimonials I've heard it just doesn't do him justice. The fans have moved on.

Now, as for Fort Minor, you've got an emcee from one of the biggest bands in the modern world who's never released any side-projects or solo material unless collaborating with lesser-known artists on other albums, releasing a highly-hyped album produced by one of the most influential hip-hop artists in history. That's going to get mainstream attention whether or not you like it. [/b][/quote]
    Well said.

This will be an amazing album, no doubt. And even if this album goes mainstream, I wouldn't mind it because personally, I'm sick of this watered-down fad hip-hop.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Just a quick thought, Kanye West usually only appears on a song that he produces. With that said it ahs already been revealed that Mike is producing every song so therefore the liklihood that Kanye appears on the album is less. I'm not sayign it wont happen but I mean if he isn't producing teh song i think it is less likeyl that he will.

Linkin_JZ_Park 03.L¶.03

Linkin_JZ_Park 03.L¶.03 Banned

nice, i like kanye west alot! he has alot of gud song on his album and it would be amazing if he could appear on ''the rising tied''

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.