June 8, 2014 - Nürnberg, Germany - Rock im Park

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Jun 8, 2014.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

The European tour continues with the second show in Germany, taking place in Nürnberg at the Zeppenfield, the location for the legendary Rock im Park festival. Linkin Park has played this exact arena in 2007 and 2012, while in 2001 they played both shows at the Frankenstadion. This being the 5th show for the band at the festival, after twice in 2001, 2007 and 2012, they have quite the history with it.

The band filled in for Slipknot at the second show in 2001, and this is where we got the debut of the mysterious "Be Yourself". For those that do not know, Be Yourself was a short interlude played by Phoenix, Brad, Joe and Rob at three shows. We as a fanbase still do not know much about this song. Is it an improvised jam? Is it a demo from Hybrid Theory? Is it the famously unheard Pictureboard? It really is a mystery. You can check out the pro shot of it from Rock am Ring 2001 below (labelled as "In Yourself").

Another video that deserves some attention is from the 2012 Rock im Park show, when LPU member Richard proposed to his girlfriend on stage in the middle of Bleed It Out. Check it out here

The show yesterday was excellently broadcasted both online and on TV, so recordings exist on YouTube. I highly recommend that you go check it out as it was a really fantastic performance with great energy from the band. The setlist was the same as previous shows with only one change, Mike switching out his Skin To Bone (Nick Catchdubs Remix) verse for the first verse of Hands Held High. Mike also gave a short speech about the bands history with the festival. Check out the start of the show below.

With only 3 shows left of the tour new debuts does not seem likely, but with the Donnington show coming up there is a tiny possibility we will get an old Hybrid Theory song played again. Most likely the only new change we will see is another switched out verse for the Hip-Hop Medley.

After this show the band heads of to Milano on the 10th, Interlaken on the 12th, and then finally the show we all have waited for, Donnington on the 14th where the band will play Hybrid Theory in full for the first time front to back.

Are you excited for this show? Did you enjoy the stream of Rock am Ring? Do you wanna research "Be Yourself"? Come by and talk in our forums.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    Shinizzle94

Shinizzle94 New Member

I've saw it with a Friend on the stream here in Germany. And the only thing i can say is: W.T.F. It. was more than i've ever thought it would be. And i just want to say, thank you for that night, all the years, the best fucking live Shows and i hope that we will have many more with the best band in the World. Thank you Guys, next time i will be there.

Rippin on That

Rippin on That Stared at the sun once

I have been a fan of the band for a fucking long time and this is the first time I have heard of Be Yourself :O

Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Are you Talking about Rock am Ring or Rock im Park? Today was Rock am Ring :)

Edit: Ok, the News is about both Shows, irritating ^^

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
    Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

Umm... I've never heard "be yourself" before.

It's a cool little chill song

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
    marcleo

marcleo Active Member

Is this the only shows the band will play other than the ones in the US? or will they announce more world wide tour dates?

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I think the band wrote that because they had 37 minutes of material to play. It just took some time out of the show.

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

The show was really awesome! Man, I wish I would have been there. :D

Just one question: Do you think Chesters voice sounds kinda autotuned in the GATS chorus? E.g. from 07:02 onwards in the video above, or in the second chorus.

RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

My inner fan just exploded out of me during this part. I love especially how Chester just casually walks behind him, drops his line and walks out of the shot like a badass. :lol:

BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

THEY PLAYED ROBOT BOY WHAT, WHY DID I JUST NOTICE THIS

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

Oh guy you are right. I didn't realized this, it just felt natural. :D

hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

Isn't "Be Yourself" from this show just an instrumental snippet from "She Couldn't?" It's been a while since I've listened to that song, but it sounds a lot like it from memory.

Cely

Cely Active Member

You're a genius!!! It's totally She Couldn't! :WTF:

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

What a pro.

Just got around to finishing the show. Took 3 sittings. That smile on their faces by the end of the show says it all. These cats deserve to be where they're at.

Also, Chester's abs.

lparmy

lparmy A party-hunted user.

I laughed so hard with these XD

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

They've been including "Robot Boy" in the set since their the Tuscon show

Thervit

Thervit Member

It was my first concert i've ever been to! It was great :) Such a nice sound quality and this setlist is awesome!!!