Johnny Cash

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by LPxchicaxMKS, Sep 12, 2003.

LPxchicaxMKS

LPxchicaxMKS Well-Known Member

Yeah i heard on the radio this morning that Johnny Cash died after spending many days in the hospital...Johnny Cash was soo cool i thought he wrote and sung some awesome music..he will truly be missed. :(

Magick

Magick Ambient

Truly devastating. R.I.P.

Darcy

Darcy LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I was at school and my social studies teacher announced it and I was like "NO!!" I was in denial for about an hour, then I told a bunch of people and most of them, unbelievably, said "Who's Johnny Cash?" Ruined my day :(

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Even if you never listened to Johnny Cash, it is almost impossible not to know this name. He should really have won at the VMAs, this guy was a pioneer. Rest in peace.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I just bought his new CD, "American IV", a few weeks ago. You know, the true artists in music usually throw up signs that they're at their breaking point. Case in point, on In Utero, Kurt Cobain's swan song was All Apologies. Some people think that Cash's swan song was Hurt, but in my opinion, it was I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry.

I think Cash knew he was going to die. Infact, i think he wanted to die after June Carter died. When you lose someone or something that you love like Cash loved June, there's no moving on. Your life ends right there. That's true love.

Maybe someday, Johnny & June, maybe someday i'll see you in heaven and we can dance in the streets of Heaven. Just maybe..

Rest in Peace, Johnny Cash. You'll live on forever through your music. You will be missed, but not forgotten.

:(

dlpalex

dlpalex Well-Known Member

I found out via CNN.com around 9:00 am this morning. I couldn't believe it. I am so shocked. Johhny Cash is really kool. and He wont be missed. R.I.P. Johnny.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Personally, I can't stand his music, but it's still very sad when anyone dies :(

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

I'll have to admit - I've never listened to his music, but from what I've heard the man was an inspiration to many.

About the VMA's - that was total bullshit. You cant tell me that Missy Elliot deserved that award when shes only been around as long as she has been and Mr. Cash has been around alootttt longer.

The guy was also too sick to even go. That, my friends is corporate bullshit. Sometimes you have to do whats right and not what people want to see.

Mr. Cash wherever you are, I hope you are enjoying youself. You deserve to be happy now and at peace. You made many people's lives more enjoyable and for that you are a member of the human race that has stood out to make a difference through music. RIP

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

MTV will do whatever it takes to please its viewers. And sadly, 95% of the MTV viewers are just a bunch of dumbasses who think 50 cent is the best thing since sliced bread and don't know how to do a thing except light a joint. They have no appreciation for the the real musicians and would rather listen to some crackhead rap about how it's shorty's birthday and they're gonna sip bacardi instead of a real musician singing about life and stuff like that.

Because of that, MTV gives the award to talentless people like missy elliot because they know it will make the viewers happy

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

ive never been a fan, but i feel sorry for him, some people think he died in grief for his wife who died in the summer.

R.I.P

annashinoda

annashinoda Well-Known Member

Acutally, I have never listened to his music but he'll be surely missed :( R.I.P.

Samantha

Samantha Super Member LPA Super Member

R.I.P. Johnny :'(

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

I heard about this through my friends. Even though I didn't really like much of his music (maybe a few songs...) it is still sad that he had to die. He was a great musician, looking back, and I wish I was more into him while he was alive.

ProJecT NotHinG

ProJecT NotHinG Banned

I wasnt really a fan of his music...but he has been one of the infulences in my life and he will be sadly missed!

Super Xero

Super Xero Well-Known Member

One of the best song writers of all time.