Writing: "Insomnia"?

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Shmoanator, Sep 16, 2013.

Shmoanator

Shmoanator Guest

This is a poem of mine that I have been writing for a while. It will be turned into a song; I have the melody written out. It will almost definitely end up being a duet between my girlfriend and I.

First, a little background:
    As I have said previously, I have a girlfriend and I love her very much. One day I had a random thought that, assuming we stay together for the rest of our lives, one of us will almost certainly outlive the other. I thought about the pain and sorrow one of us will have to go through when the other is on their deathbed. I imagined myself slowly passing away and my now-wife weeping in the hospital. The phrase And I will watch the light leave your eyes came to mind, along with its respective melody, instantly. I thought for a long time about how I could flesh the idea out into a full song when, a couple weeks later, I had the idea to have the song about two very contrasting stories. One is about love and the fear of having a loved one leave you forever, while the other is the polar opposite. The second story is meant to represent hate and the need to watch someone leave you forever. The craving to watch someone "die".

So, two months later, I bring you what is now being referred to as "Insomnia":

I hope you like it!

P.S. I need an official title. If you have any suggestions besides "Insomnia" please let me know! Any serious suggestion is fair game.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2013