I Propose

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Alacrity, Jun 26, 2005.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

The first annual LPA All Nighter! Who's up for the idea? From like, 12 PM one day to the next.. just a day of all out posting and chatting in the chatroom. We could have AIM and MSN chats as well. It'll be a chance to get to know everyone better (I mean really, staying up all night with people is certainly a bonding experience) and some good fun. Anyone game? It's just an idea :p

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I'm there! but being in the UK, i'd have to stay up like five extra hours :lol:

Alacrity

Well we're gonna have to plan a time that would be fair for everyone.. I just wanted to see how the idea went over.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Sure I support it, but my parents would never allow me to stay up past 2AM.

So as long as your parents wont kill you guys, go right ahead *shrugs*. The LPA is open 24 hours a day. :lol:

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

It sounds good to me, I'll come for some bratwurst, a few sodas and the rides.

Joe

So how exactly is this going to work? We need to hold it somewhere where everyone can get access, but something a little different than the usual board, as it would be too much like Random Thoughts.

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

From what I've read, it's just kind of like a surge in on and off-board LPA activity, I guess. We should make it a goal to beat our old thing of having 94 people online at once! :)

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

What he said :lol:

Besides the fact bout 2AM, I got a younger brother who nags to get on, so I can't do it for 24 hrs. straight.

Alacrity

Kay, I'm thinking about something like this.

Does anyone remember when we had the Test Zone Forum? Well the admins could make something like that. A forum where you can make useless topics or whatever about what you please and post all you want, but if you're gonna spam, they're not gonna count towards your post count. This way people still use the other topics like we usually do.

The forum the admins make can be used specifically for All Nighters and LPA events. If you don't wanna load up the chat, you can just go to the specified forum because it serves the same purpose. Also, since the forum will be there, if you want to pull another postathon with a couple members without you can do it there without alerting the entire board.

As for the all nighter, its a board overtaking, but you don't have to if you don't want to/you can come when you please. But for the entire 24 hrs there's gonna be someone on XD

Joe

Maybe we could do it through MSN. I mean, you can invite an unlimited amount of people, so i've been told, and this way we can see who goes and who stays etc. We could also create a new E Mail, like [email protected], so everyone can just add the address and join in on the fun.

The only problem with this is that it'll be outside the LPA boards, but yeah... It's an idea.

Alacrity

We could use that idea in corrolation to also posting on the boards. And for those of us that use AIM, we could hold chats there, too.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Yah i'd do it but i tihnk it would be better to do in either the chat room or in an msn conversation

Joe

I don't like the idea of multiple kinds of conversations going on. It'll be too messy and it won't include everyone as we'll have different people talking to different people through different sources. It kind of loses the idea of getting to know everyone better, i think we should one idea and one chat source and go with it.

Alacrity

I don't like the idea of multiple kinds of conversations going on. It'll be too messy and it won't include everyone as we'll have different people talking to different people through different sources. It kind of loses the idea of getting to know everyone better, i think we should one idea and one chat source and go with it. [/b][/quote]
    Hence using the forums instead of a MSN/AIM chat. Unless everyone here has MSN.. but even then chats make my head hurt X_X.

Ryan

just do it in the chatroom, cause yah its kinda hard ot ahve a running conversation with people jsut posting.

Joe

Hence using the forums instead of a MSN/AIM chat. Unless everyone here has MSN.. but even then chats make my head hurt X_X. [/b][/quote]
    Haha true. The only problem i see with using the boards is that it would most likely turn out to be too much like Random Thoughts. In order for this to work, it has to be something different, something we haven't done before.

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

Okay i'm open for it, maybe a Monday? But.. I don't think it can start from 12:00pm and all the way into the morning. My Dad won't let me stay on after 11:00pm. I have to go to bed and all that crap. Maybe if it was in the afternoon and until so on I could go.. So try Monday I guess, either that or Sunday or Tuesday.

Alacrity

K. I just need more people post here to see if they're interested in participating in an all night MSN LPA chat.

Ryan

Oh yah i might even get to meet Anya, I've heard good things about her. But anyways friday or saturday works best for me.

Joe

Yeah, i definately agree. It has to be some kind of chat, the LPA chat would work, or the MSN LPA chat idea. The MSN thing just seems different and could be easily pulled off with a little effort.