i need help purchasing a guitar

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Seb, Jul 31, 2005.

Seb

Seb Active Member

I'm planning on purchasing a guitar in the future, but I don't know anything about guitars. I was hoping you guys could help me out. I don't want to spend more than $200. What are your recomendations? Thanks

linkinpark_ben25

linkinpark_ben25 In Your Face!

try PMT (Professional Music Technology) in romford, that is where i got my guitar from, i got a stagg s300 for £150, with 15watt amp, tuner, pitch pipe, strings, carry case.

an excellent store

try it

the_king_of_all

the_king_of_all LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

yeah. that's the kind of thing you want to go for. go to your local music store, tell them what kind of stuff you want to learn and ask what they would recomned. i got an Ion somethingorother (random letters and numbers), 15 watt amp, 3 picks, pitch pipe, lead and basicly everything you need to start guitar. since that i've added over £100 worth of stuff to it (£80 MFX pedal, £15 tuner (pitch pipes are useless and i hate tuning it with the pedal) £6 strings (really thick at the bottom, standard at the top. good if you want to play metal stuff because the bottom strings sound heavy and the top strings are perfect for solos)) but it all depends on what you want to play really.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

If you're looking to play a bass guitar (4 strings), then I'd recommend buying an Ibanez...