How the LPA has helped/changed you

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Matt, Mar 8, 2005.

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

The topic name speaks for itself. If not, I'll explain it. Just tell us what the LPA has done for you in the past.

I had a REALLY bad emo phase a while ago, and this place gave me something to do instead of starting to cut myself or something. It's also the only place I can let out whatever I want without someone I know finding out. That's pretty much because I'm probably the only one in my school who knows about this site. Finally, and most important, if it weren't for the LPA, id stll b typn lik dis.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

i'd stil b typin lik tis...im not hoked on phonix...

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

Uuh in the beginning I was actually quite a teenie. Until I came here, and changed my whole perspective of things. You guys helped me realize how dumb it was to mourn over celebrities.. I strived to change, and I did.. thank god lol. That was over three or four years ago so that's good.

You guys also helped me get through tough times.. Helped me progress in my life, and I got to meet new people just like me that to relate and connect to me in so many different but possible ways.. It's a pretty cool feeling I guess. :)

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I've expanded my musical tastes thanks to a few topics here and there, but that's about it.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I learned how to write better.

Jon[athan]

Jon[athan] Sincerly, written from my brothers blood machine.

i have been kept up to date with a lot of music news. cuz i do follow some bands but i dont really care about the others. Here at the LPA all i need to do is check the good ol' "other music" section and read about all that good stuff there.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

I'm no longer sexually confused because of LPA.

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

The Same here.I now listen to Hip Hop along with my original favourite-Heavy Metal

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Oh god, not the "How LPA Changed My Life" thread. :lol:

I can't really knock on this thread to much though because in retrospect, LPA probably helped me more than it did anyone here.

In all honesty I was a completely different person when I founded LPA back in 2002 with Omar. I credit much of my transformation to Linkin Park, but at the time I joined I was still lacking direction, self esteem or basically any feelings of importance in my life. I was a loner, anti-social, and much of a pushover.

Then I launched the LPA and we got over 250,000 hits in the first month (a mere speck compared to the 9 million + we receive now) and I started to gather some friends and colleagues. One of which took a look at my then pathetic Adobe Photoshop artworks and told me how to do more advanced techniques from within PS7, turning me into one incredible graphic artist. You could say that because of LPA I found one of my hidden talents, and my true calling.

Being here has made me stronger and not as much of a pushover. I now am quite capable of defending myself and speaking my mind when I feel I'm mistreated. I now am more confident with girls and have now got the reputation of pimp here at LPA......Which for the record, is friggin hilarious. But moving on...

Thanks to this site I now feel better about the way I look. I now feel more desirable because of shit like the "love thread" and the attractive girls I've met through LPA that have had some interest in me or another.

LPA has also improved my grammar and kept mi frum typin lik dis lik i used 2 on sitez, bcuz we all kno that wuz bad.

And lastly, LPA has improved my taste in music and hooked me up with many high level contacts in the music industry. Hell just last week I talked to a very important person who I gotta keep top secret till we call eachother again.

I'm world renowned (hell Omar got mobbed at a Texas LP concert cause he was from LPA..true story), in contact with famous people, in touch with really intelligent/artistic individuals, and a stronger and more talented person because of it.

Hmmm..and who said the internet wasnt good for you?

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

:chemist: its like a 3rd home.. :D
    SHH!

the main thing that changed me is the cd meteora, i got it somehow and i was suddenly intersested in it for some reason,(i think i heard a music video.. i also think it was numb :blink:)if i haddent hueard numb and other people perpectives, i would of never been a fan... of anything in my life!(even tho im 13)

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

I was a one armed, cross-eyed, bull-legged safety partolman, but after being here, I have since been promoted to crossing guard. Thank you, LPA.

Link

Link lolwut

It's the best place to chat about LP, because thre are fewer
    "OMG teh ChestArs ass is delite full"
    Type people running loose.

Oh, and it fed me. Just now.

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

-My problem used to be that I say things without thinking, now I think alot before saying something.
    -When I came "home" from school, I had a place to go to.
    -I stopped going on crazy diets.
    -I've become Atheist!
    -Helped my wording and spelling alot.
    -I feel alot happier nowadays.
    -I've matured alot. If I was another person looking at myself a long time ago, I would hate it until no end. I've done alot of things I regret.
    -I stopped regretting and looking at the past.
    -I would be a teenie.

>_< How can I change so much?

To put it shortly, I've grown up.

Stick N move

Stick N move Well-Known Member

it didn't actually change me, but i like it to have someone to talk with about my problems in the "you got something to let out thread. and talk about LP.. the people i know are not actually interested in LP.. so i like talking about them...
    you've been a great help. and this is one of the best forums ever.. not that i know so much :innocent:

the_king_of_all

the_king_of_all LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

for the little time i have been here (not even a month yet :lol:) i guess its changed me quite a bit, not loads, but obviously if i am going to change loads its not going to happen over night is it? i have met loads of cool people through here, and just found a place to let things out (even though one of my best mates does go here too, but she usualy knows this kind of stuff anyways). so yeh, cheers LPA :thumbsup:

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

Well, the LPA made it so that I no longer have a social life off the computer....

Seriously though, the LPA helped me make my debate skills go from terrible to just bad. That is an improvment.

Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Uuhhm, well I met Chris via LPA ofcourse <3 ^_^ And alot of other friends!

Also, I've become more secure. If I don't like something I just say it, not only online, but also offline. I've become more bitchy which is better then what I was before lol. So yeah, thanks LPA. :)

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Getting lower grades :lol:

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Failed about 4 classes.

Thanks LPA! :D

Tomi

Tomi &nbsp; LPA Addict

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Nice one. :p